Black Holes and Revelations.....

Major fan of these guys myself. Love this cd, even though I have to say "Absolution" and "Origin" are still their best ones. The classical influence isn't as pronounced on "Black Holes" but its still awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not too up on any of their recording tricks or methods and I didn't want to be the guy who just pastes stuff from their wiki pages and make it sound like I know what I'm talking about ;) hahahaha

I'll be interested to see what info anyone else might have, maybe Mendel since he's a big Muse fan as well

This band has the most godly synth-bass tone. Love Absolution a lot, haven't listened to Black Holes as much. I need to put these guys back on my ipod!

All I know is their guitar player has the fucking coolest custom guitars ever...I don't know the website off the top of my head, I think its some british company. But he has guitars where the front is a shattered mirror...thats been done before, but his literally has lasers that the mirror fragments refract all over the place...and he has boutique pedals built into a lot of his guitars...its ridiculous. And when they play live, I know for a fact that he uses something like 5 deizel heads, 1 marshall head, and a Vox AC30, and runs through all of them at the same time (I'm sure he does some switching and stuff for clean parts, but he does use ALL of the amps). I also know that the bass player has his bass running through fucking 3 separate Sherman Filter banks...and I'm not making any of this up.

The song that'd id really like to steal from would deffo be map of the problematique , the weird effect on the guitar at the begining just melts my face each time i hear it....soooo good.

You guys are ovb right thier best work has undoubtedly got to be origins and absolution...I just think BHAR gets a bad rap from the old school fans, but its still pretty good!

pity if i want to sound like matt ill need 5 different amps?!?!

pretty great band - actually wearing a shirt from the Absolution tour right now, on which i saw them a few times. really didn't like this album though - like they took their radiohead influence and replaced it with U2, unfortunately.

really unique what matthew bellamy is doing with integrating a kaoss pad in his guitar, though: http://www.musewiki.org/images/M1D1_Manson.jpg

but i should note that his vocals have really turned me off the music, and only for the incredibly exaggerating gasping/breathing he does between lines. i don't know how i didnt notice it before, and it seems like a major production flaw, but this asthmatic wheezing throughout most songs is louder than anything else

I think I'd have to go with <<unknown>> as my favorite Muse tune but I have only heard the last couple albums and a few recent live DVD's. Also, I'm metally guitarded so what could I possibly know.

EDIT: Watched a Live DVD again. I couldn't pick just one song I liked best.

Haha, it's funny I just saw one of his guitars yesterday in Manson's guitar shop (I live in Exeter). He also uses special 'Manson-wound' Bare Knuckle pups, but he has also used Nailbombs in the past. He has a couple of fuzz pedal curcuits integrated into the guitar itself.

On Origin Matt recorded his guitar parts on 6 (12 overall) tracks, one for each string. He apparently wanted the intonation to be perfect so chord voicings sounded correct.