Black Metal Roll Call

KameloX

eVangelist eXterminator
Dec 12, 2001
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
So we all have Dragonlord in common, what other dark stuff do you people listen to? DL definitely heightened my appreciation for this stuff. At the time Rapture came out I was really into Dimmu and Testament's The Gathering.

Anyways, Susperia, Children of Bodom, Immortal, Rotting Christ, they all give me chills and thrills. Name off some more bands, hopefully new to me....

The Kovenant, Emperor,Dissection Dark Funeral, Limbonic Art , Borknager, Arcturus, Diabolical Masquerade, Naglfar,Myrkskog, Hecate Enthroned ,Opeth,Old mans child,Just to name a few.One band I do suggest to everyone is Abysmal Gates, check out their mp3s, its some of the best stuff i ever heard!

Susperia, black metal? At least not the cd I own, havn't heard the first one. Don't really think Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, or Children of Bodom are either.

Agathodaimon, Kult ov Azazel, Anaal Nathrakh, Witchery, Satyricon, Naglfar, Absu, Emperor, Sprawlcosm.

Annal Nathrakh and Anorexia Nervosa are the only two other black metal bands I really listen to.

Heretic, Tristania is awesome! I just discovered them a few weeks ago, now I have 4 of their albums! :mauhaha:

I don't know what I like better, World of Glass or Widow's weeds... It's all good though. :heh:

Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth
are favorite black/goth metal.
Others you might like if you're into it:

Children of Bodom
Soilwork
In Flames
Rammstein

Wish I knew more about some of
black metal bands listed by other fans,
but I'm pretty picky about CDs...
has to have the right sound, originality,
or just the right mix for me to get interested. I can't get into jazz-influenced at all.

Okay, I can see calling Susperia or Witchery black metal, but saying In Flames, Soilwork, and Rammstein are black is just pushing it. Those are about as much black metal as Testament is. And when you say jazz-influenced do you mean metal in general, or do you know of a black metal band that is jazz-influenced?

I really like Witchery, if it's black metal or not. If not, DL is the only Black Metal I own from everything posted (at least the first 6 posts).

Can you describe Emperor? This one appears as something you are all into, but if there's no thrash element, it might be a while till I get it.

emperor's sound is evil, twisted and tortured. don't know how else to describe it. their albums are not as polished as dimmu's or cradle's - that's why i have soft spot for 'em... i'm drawn to their rawness and brutality.

greetings friends

myrkskog's latest release is an interesting & intense album- an overall fine offering indeed. if you prefer music from technical players, do check the band out (i see some of us here had done so...). if you are into guitars, the riffs here will give you a lesson on how to incorporate sweep patterns into your rythm, which isn't easy...

cov2153.jpg