BLIND GUARDIAN in US

True my stances are unique. I've spent too much of my life agreeing with people all the time and saying "That sounds great" when all I want to say is "Thats so stupid"! Or remaining silent SO..... now if I want to say something I say it. That way no one can ever accuse me of not speaking my mind. And oh by the way..the title of this thread IS wrong AND misleading. Blind Guardian are not nor will be in the USA. Two MEMBERS of the band will be.

midol.jpg

...all I gotta say.....:lol:

:devil:

There's a certain amount of eloquence one can use when showing disagreement with a statement/opinion/stance without invoking disrespect. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but you certainly don't need to come off as a jerk about it.

QFT. And you know what, it doesn't surprise me. It's not the first nor the second time The_Q comes off as a jerk. And it probably won't be the last either. :lol:

There's a certain amount of eloquence one can use when showing disagreement with a statement/opinion/stance without invoking disrespect. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but you certainly don't need to come off as a jerk about it.

Oh shut up dude. I'm a jerk now? Thats rich man. I said how I feel. I really don't care what people think of me OK?

QFT. And you know what, it doesn't surprise me. It's not the first nor the second time The_Q comes off as a jerk. And it probably won't be the last either. :lol:

I'm just being a bit more honest than most. If you can't take than thata on you. I'm not trying to come off asa jerk. Just throwing my two cents in.

I agree, but at least he isnt talking about where he works in this thread.

So let me get this straight now. I'm a jerk for speaking my mind albeit not exactly conforming to elogance with my posts BUT it is perfectly alright for you guys to then berate me with things like this? Sounds a little hypocritical to me. And by the way to set the record straight I always brought up where I worked to help people on this board with either information or to let them know if something was available. I have no care who knows I am there, that I work there, and I get no monetary gain out of it. My ego is absolutely no worse for wear working there. Lets just end this now as I really don't want to continue arguing this topic.

Oh shut up dude. I'm a jerk now? Thats rich man. I said how I feel. I really don't care what people think of me OK?

No, you're not quite a jerk yet, but you're certainly climbing the latter recently. It was never my intention to have others flame you, but lets face it man, you certainly have been a royal DICK lately. Not the Q I know from these forums. What is going on?

Anyway, back on topic:

San Diego is pretty close and I love that city quite a bit. Maybe I'll consider a side trip :)

No, you're not quite a jerk yet, but you're certainly climbing the latter recently. It was never my intention to have others flame you, but lets face it man, you certainly have been a royal DICK lately. Not the Q I know from these forums. What is going on?

Anyway, back on topic:

San Diego is pretty close and I love that city quite a bit. Maybe I'll consider a side trip :)

from what I have read....the con is pretty much sold out. Each year gets bigger and bigger, mostly due to more and more movie and television things there than comic related stuff. From what was the biggest comic book convention has turned into a lets get the buzz going about this new movie or tv show. Christ...Nuclear Blast Records has a booth this year.

So let me get this straight now. I'm a jerk for speaking my mind albeit not exactly conforming to elogance with my posts BUT it is perfectly alright for you guys to then berate me with things like this? Sounds a little hypocritical to me. And by the way to set the record straight I always brought up where I worked to help people on this board with either information or to let them know if something was available. I have no care who knows I am there, that I work there, and I get no monetary gain out of it. My ego is absolutely no worse for wear working there. Lets just end this now as I really don't want to continue arguing this topic.

there is a difference between speaking your mind and having the info to back it up and just saying dumbass stuff to say it, and coming across like some young kid who just got back from Ozzfest. One of the many reasons I got banned from the Chicago Powerfest forum was because I spoke up about the stuff that was going on. I was proved right and then banned because of it.
Your comment that started this whole flame war was based out of the fact that you were just acting like they should be making a new disc just because it is their job. I would rather a band take thier time and not rush into making a new album than putting out one just to have it out.

from what I have read....the con is pretty much sold out. Each year gets bigger and bigger, mostly due to more and more movie and television things there than comic related stuff. From what was the biggest comic book convention has turned into a lets get the buzz going about this new movie or tv show. Christ...Nuclear Blast Records has a booth this year.

That sucks royally, though I'm not at all surprised. They have to maximize profit after all, and there's no easier way to do it than by bringing more people in. And, much to my dismay, comics just don't seem to have a big enough fanbase anymore. Which is a downer, because I continue to hope that my future son will grow up to enjoy comics as much as I did.

That sucks royally, though I'm not at all surprised. They have to maximize profit after all, and there's no easier way to do it than by bringing more people in. And, much to my dismay, comics just don't seem to have a big enough fanbase anymore. Which is a downer, because I continue to hope that my future son will grow up to enjoy comics as much as I did.

actually the comic industry is on an upswing. More and more people are reading them. In the office I work in lots of people are reading more graphic novels and stuff. People that in a million years would never be seen reading a "comic book". Plus Marvel has the online thing where you pay like 50 bucks a year for over 3,000 books you can read online. Plus lots of real authors are writing more comics now and trying new things out. Just look at the biggest films this year so far....all comic related. I dont see them going away forever, maybe the just look or idea of going to the corner store to get a new issue wont be the same, but the idea and characters will always be there. Myself, I stopped collecting over a decade ago but I am back buying the newer books in trade paperback format, which basically collects 6 issues of a series. Much easier than racing to the store each week. I just wait 6 months and get the next run. It is very nice to just the whole story without waiting each month.

That is pretty cool. Glad that comics are indeed not a dying thing. I see less and less comics everywhere now, though there is a comic book shop right by my house. I stopped collecting a while ago as well, but a basement flood ruined 95% of my collection. I was so upset. I recently re-aquired (thank you ebay) my 'introduction' to comics: Spiderman X-over series "Maximum Carnage". I was hit with the Comic Book bug when they had released the 3rd issue of the x-over at the time, and i remember scrambling to a few different stores with my step-dad to find the first 2. I'd always been a Marvel Whore up until that point, but never was into comics. From there though, it was all over. I got into X-men, Silver Surfer, Venom and Gambit spin-offs, Wolverine, Daredevil, and so many others, including the 2099 series.