BON JOVI to dust off hidden treasures from 1st two albums on tour!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I have been complaining for years that Bon Jovi will only play "Runaway" from the first album and absolutely nothing off the second album when they go out and tour. These are hands down two of my favorite albums ever and I have been dying to hear material from them. Looks like I am finally going to get my wish because Richie Sambora revealed in an interview with Billboard today that they will be digging deep and playing songs from the first two albums that they have not played in well over twenty years and that the set list will be changing on a consistent basis. Sambora also said that the band may play 'Slippery When Wet' in it's entirety on certain tour stops as well as 'Lost Highway' and their new one in it's entirety. I am not big on 'Lost Highway' and feel that the new album is decent but if I get Slippery from front to back I may just lose control. Couple Slippery with rarely played songs off the first two albums and you may have one of the best concerts ever in my opinion.

What are some of your fav songs off the first two? Mine include "Get Ready", "Shot Through The Heart", "In and Out of Love", "Tokyo Road", "Always Run To You" and "Secret Dreams".

Here's the news piece - http://www.metalasylum.net/news/2010/m1033.php

If only decent tickets wouldn't set me back entirely too much. This is one band that I actually like way more than I openly admit (especially the 90's stuff, not ashamed to admit), but I will never see them because I just don't like them enough to pay so much money to sit in bad seats, not see the songs I really love, and get annoyed by people who only care about the hits.

My wife is going to this over the summer in Chicago.

As far as early BJ, my fav track is She Don't Know Me.

Some good tracks on Slippery, but it just became too slick for my tastes.

Hoping for Tokyo Road...
Bon Jovi (7800) opening for Ratt (Invasion) was my first show ever. They played Tokyo Road.:kickass:

Glorious cheese.

Those first two Bon Jovi CDs are just awesome. For us Jersey folks, who grew up in the 80s, this was our soundtrack. If you were 17, cruising up and down the strip in Seaside, it was likely one of those first two Bon Jovi cassettes blaring from your Camaro/Firebird.

:kickass::lol: :kickass:

Zod

I think I saw something a while back that Jon can't sing the old songs the same way they were back then.I think it said something like they tuned the songs down so Jon doesn't have to sing at the octave the original song was at or either Richie sings the high parts.Somebody correct me please if I'm wrong.I'm just going off bits and pieces I remember from the show I watched about them.

This is one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs also. It always reminds me of the theme song for the cartoon M.A.S.K.

I haven't seen Bon Jovi on their past couple of tours just because of the ticket prices. I'm kind of kicking myself in the ass now for not getting a ticket. At least the Chicago show isn't until July so I can see what the setlists are until then and then maybe get one later.

Those first two Bon Jovi CDs are just awesome. For us Jersey folks, who grew up in the 80s, this was our soundtrack. If you were 17, cruising up and down the strip in Seaside, it was likely one of those first two Bon Jovi cassettes blaring from your Camaro/Firebird.

:kickass::lol: :kickass:

Zod

Did you guys do the fist pump in those days Zod?:loco:

Am I the only one here that just can't stand Bon Jovi at all? Am I too young? Don't know. Sorry, though, dudes...just not for me; never has been, never will be methinks.

Holy crap. Finally. If I could here "Secret Dreams", "Always Run To You", and "Hardest Part Is The Night" live that would be fantastic.

Man, thanks for posting this thread. I have been listening to the first 2 cds all day and these are awesome. It's been too long. Another song that I really like is 'Only Lonely'. I like all of Bon Jovi's CDs up to Chrush but I think these 2 are their best. Kind of reminds me of Motley Crue and how their first 2 CDs are the best.

Great video Glenn -aside from the usual videos for In-n-Out of Love and Only Lonely, I had never seen any live stuff from that period of the band......