Canadian Report: OUGH! Edition

Element_man

Lord of the Realm
I'm supposed to be writing an article on the fest for a webzine I do stuff for but I don't even know where to start, so I figger I'll start right here.

Shit goes in point form until I expand on 'er when I get a chance

- Codeword: OUGH
- Got mistaken for a lady from at ORD (this happens three times)
- Took public transit to the hotel. Ran into my buddy Damien from Seattle while on the Blue Line, what a co-inky-dank. Blue Line didn't crash (thank fuck)
- Finally met Carmine, D-d-d-d-d-d-daaaaave and Keir
- Mike Schmidt was a consistent source of entertainment for the duration of the festival, whether he was drunk, not-drunk (what's the word for that again? heavy shit) hung over, or passed out naked in the bathroom with a gigantic log in sitting in the shitter
- Great to hang with the Peiroieoiroieroeiora guys again
- Awesome party in our room on friday night. Almost got thrown out of the hotel, they were piiiiiiiissed ("You got told")
- Mac 'n' Cheese overdose
- Hot Columbian broad gettin' touchy-feely and going for the hankily-pankily during Riot (great and all, but I had to put a stop to it because she was interrupting "Outlaw")
- Riot played "Outlaw". Fuck me runnin' bud
- Biggest burgers and Rainbow concert footage at Lockdown
- Tilting the sword away from people's faces during Eternal Champion's set in case Jason fell over and stabbed some poor fucker in the eye
- "doing" Ice Magic with Mendyk during Eternal Champion
- Getting dicker'd with Eternal Champion
- Pretty much anything related to Eternal Champion
- Shitty piano covers of shitty pop songs as canned music on the airplane heading home :(
- Huge thnx to Oncle Fockin' Bawb for getting me in on Saturday when I misplaced my ticket stub
- Great to meet and hang out with all the musicians I've been corresponding with via interbutts (Jake, EC, Argus, etc etc)
- "Grea-hea-hea-hea-hea-HEASY"

Standout moments musically:

- MetalUSAfer (award for "Best Drill in Show")
- Amulance (Award for "Best fat band") and they played "7th Son"!!!
- Night Demon were Alright Demon (Just kidding, they ruled)
- Axxion (award for "best Geoff Tate mullet")
- Picture (award for "best Dutch band")
- Riot (award for "everything")
- Dogbane (bluesy Helstar)
- Dark Design (award for "Best power metal cover of a Kansas song")
- Lady Beast ("show us yer tits! Unleash the terrible twins!")

- Visigoth (Award for "best singer who couldn't talk")
- Witches Mark (Chee-hee-hee-hee-heesy)
- Axemaster (I thought they sucked)
- Midnight Hellion (Award for "Best female James Rivera")
- Eternal Champion (oerhg9erjgju54ygt8u9he54g8her8hg89erhy89ghrog)
- Possessor (Award for "best Mad Max" constumes)
- Argus (heavy heavy heavy heavy heavy)
- Voltax (most wild band I've seen in years. Fucking incredible)
- Grim Reaper (I grabbed my Garmin good and hard, bud)
- Ravish (lol)

I love all of you

Jake from Visigoth amazed me. He was really great when he sang and when he tried to talk he couldn't. Never seen anything like it. Major props to him. A lesser singer would have caved under the circumstances he faced.

- Possessor (Award for "best Mad Max" constumes)

Haha, I said the exact same thing to a few people around me when I saw them come on stage.

Jake from Visigoth amazed me. He was really great when he sang and when he tried to talk he couldn't. Never seen anything like it. Major props to him. A lesser singer would have caved under the circumstances he faced.

Quite impressive. I also saw him watching several bands on both stages and being really engaged with the music on top of his vocal performance with Visigoth, even though I'm sure he felt like total shit. I know when I feel sick I don't want to do jack. Solid. :kickass:

- Mike Schmidt was a consistent source of entertainment for the duration of the festival, whether he was drunk, not-drunk (what's the word for that again? heavy shit) hung over, or passed out naked in the bathroom with a gigantic log in sitting in the shitter

OHHHHHH! That's why I was in there initially. I was taking a shit. That picture you have of me is going to be the Poser Patrol demo album art. Amazing.

Jeff, you are coolest fucking, grea-hea-hea-heasiest Canadian I know. Always fun and I'm super sorry for trashing the place.

DnD players (same with Magic players) get a lot of pussy stank among their weird, kinky circle of friends.

But anyways, not being able to get any does not mean DnD isn't any more or less badass. D20's and Dragons>Dealing with women.

And that song is damn amazing. How dare you!

Getting a little to upset and defensive over D&D jokes there buddy. And I never said D&D guys did not get pussy (figured I did not need to), I just said I decided "I liked girls more". But let's be honest here, there aren't a lot of ladies gathered in mom's basement rolling dice. I know D&D guys like to believe there are, well they do like to use their imaginations I suppose. And well imaginary elf women never really did for me, so in game romances are out too.:lol:

Come to think of it, I met my last girlfriend through roleplaying and Magic.