Christina Concert last night

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
I went to the Sydney show last night. Let me just say, that I have never seen so many young girls in mini skirts. It was great :loco:
My seats were first row of first elevation, so I had a pretty good view. She opened with a huge video screen showing her strapped to a chair and singing some shit. Then the intro to Dirrty pumped out and out she came. Wearing black leather body suit type thing. Sensational puppies.

I was actually surprised about her dress sense for the whole show. She changed after almost every song, but she never really wore anything that was too revealing (apart from those little half bum panties :worship: ).

But seriously, I walked out of that place thinking to myself... Who cares what she wore, she can fuckin sing. I have never heard a female with a vioce that strong and powerful before. She is an amazing talent. Her voice was crystal clear, and the way she absolutley nailed the high parts left me in awe.

There was one moment where I got serious shivers all over, for about 10 seconds. It was during the song 'At Last' by Etta James ('At last, my love has come along'... you know the one). The very last note she sang of that song earned her a standing ovation. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up as she nailed it for 10 seconds. It is one of the coolest feelings when a performer can give you that sort of feeling... and who would have thought that I would get it from Christina Aguilera!??

Highlights were:

Dirrty - Good opener. Got the 12 year olds pumped, and Xtina nailed the "Whoa whoooa whwoa YEAAAAAH" part at the end which got her the first of many loud ass cheers from the crowd.

Genie in a Bottle - I dont like this song at all, but I get the feeling that neither does Christina. She totally reworked the song to sound eastern and alot more rockin. Sounded tops.

The Voice Within - The first of her ballards, and her new single. Sounded good. I like the song, and it showcases her awesome voice.

Can't hold us Down - Even though she did it for the girls, I thought it was pretty good.

Fighter - This one rocked :headbang: Thanks for makin me A FIGHTER. Was probably the heaviest, most rockin song of the night. Sounded cool.

Beautiful - Was the encore. She just came out in Jeans and a white T-Shirt. This one showed us how well she can sing. The crowd was almost as loud as her on this track. Spawn would have loved it.

All up, I had a great night. I think you will raelly like it Sydo. I walked outta there with alot of respect for her. She is tops... and what a fuckin voice!

Spruce Goose said:
I think you will raelly like it Sydo. I walked outta there with alot of respect for her. She is tops... and what a fuckin voice!
I'll read your review after the show tomorrow. I don't want to spoil my appetite by reading too much just yet. :)

I'm looking forward to it.

Spruce Goose said:
Beautiful - Was the encore. She just came out in Jeans and a white T-Shirt. This one showed us how well she can sing. The crowd was almost as loud as her on this track. Spawn would have loved it.
:lol:

But I couldnt enjoy it because of the sheer irony of it :)

Fighter is possibly my favourite song of all time. But of course I'm talking about a different Fighter by Kane Roberts. Give it all you've got and never let go, nothings gonna stop you if you don't say noooo!

I must say I think she is a real talent as well, but I have to commend you on having the cojones to post on a metal board that you not only attended the concert but enjoyed it as well!!

Well done!!

you sure she wasn't lip syncing? I was watching that Bandstand thing last week and half the performers were lip syncing, like Britney, so I would naturally assume that Christina would :)

No way in hell was she lip synching. She can sing, so she doesnt need to lip sync.

Nightwing... I think people on this board apreciate good music, not just good metal.... Which is one of the great things about this board. Lotsa people here love the Beatles. They are far from metal, but doesnt make them unpopular. I love metal because it takes talent to be in a good metal band. I like talented musicians, which is why I went to Christina, and which is why I'm not ashamed to post that I liked it on a metal board.

I am with Spruce on that one. That is one of the things I like most about this board as well, people here have an appreciation for good music, and we all realise that good metal takes a real talent, but so does other good other types of music too. I am not ashamed to admit I dig Michael Jackson. :headbang:

she obviously can sing, but for stamina and dancing and stuff like that, she may need lip syncing to last the show. That's all I'm suggesting ;)

I remember an interview with Holly Valance where they asked her about lip syncing, and she said something along the lines of ""of course, it is near impossible to sing and do the dance moves I do on stage at the same time"". People are paying to see you sing and perform, not dance to the backing track of a cd that they can listen to at home.

Tosser.

Spruce Goose said:
No way in hell was she lip synching. She can sing, so she doesnt need to lip sync.

Nightwing... I think people on this board apreciate good music, not just good metal.... Which is one of the great things about this board. Lotsa people here love the Beatles. They are far from metal, but doesnt make them unpopular. I love metal because it takes talent to be in a good metal band. I like talented musicians, which is why I went to Christina, and which is why I'm not ashamed to post that I liked it on a metal board.
Yes good points - I hope you realise that I was being positive in my first post.

I think you should be able to like whoever the fuck you want to like, but you know how it is on some boards......I quite like Bon Jovi, but I would be labelled all kinds of derogatory names if I mentioned it on certain boards.

Yeah I know Nightwing. i was just sorta adding to what you were saying :headbang:

I would go and see Christina again in a heart beat. I raelly enjoyed the show, and my respect for her went up 10 fold after last night.

Plus.... I wouldnt mind pumping her

Spruce Goose said:
What is so ironic about that el spawno?
A woman who covers herself in tons of makeup, wears what can only be described as revealing outfits designed to arouse men (and women too no doubt) singing a song about being beautiful no matter what anyone says? She is a SLAVE to what SOCIETY says is beautiful. Whereas I wont be the one left behind. Not to mention she didnt even write it.

But anyway, sounds like you had a rocking time and thats all that matters, irony be damned! :headbang: