Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com

It is with extreme disappointment and reluctance that we must announce that Circle II Circle will not be participating in the previously announced North American tour scheduled for the spring of 2008 with Circus Maximus and Manticora. Due to reasons beyond the band’s control, the new album, “Delusions of Grandeur,” will not be released to coincide with the tour as previously planned. Intromental Management, AFM Records, and Circle II Circle have agreed unanimously that it would be in the band’s best interest to focus all resources and effort on completing the new record and properly promoting it prior to touring. While we cannot announce anything at the moment, we are beyond excited at the potential tour partners for the band both Europe and North America in 2008.

The previously announced North American “working vacation” will continue as planned with Circus Maximus stepping up into the headline slot and a third band added to the opening slot. Expectations for both bands on this tour are completely realistic. However, they are dedicated to getting out on the road in North America, spreading the word, and performing special, exclusive sets for their North American fans. A revised tour schedule will be released in the immediate future.

On a personal note, I think a standing ovation should be given to Circus Maximus and Manticora. They know what they are up against and are going to do it anyway. I would hope the support from this forum would be given back to them 100%. I remember when Symphony X played in a garage in Jersey in front of 100 people on a slanted floor back in the "Twilight in Olympus" days. Sonata had some shows less than 100 on their first U.S. run. Nevermore & Opeth both experience the same thing in their early days.

The point is that you have to start somewhere and these guys are doing just that.

On a personal note, I think a standing ovation should be given to Circus Maximus and Manticora. They know what they are up against and are going to do it anyway. I would hope the support from this forum would be given back to them 100%. I remember when Symphony X played in a garage in Jersey in front of 100 people on a slanted floor back in the "Twilight in Olympus" days. Sonata had some shows less than 100 on their first U.S. run. Nevermore & Opeth both experience the same thing in their early days.

The point is that you have to start somewhere and these guys are doing just that.
Couldn't agree more. It's tough to get started, and I imagine it can be quite frustrating. As I said in another thread, I saw Nevermore perform in front of 40 people, and that was in support of Dead Heart.

Needless to say, I'll be dragging everyone I know, kicking and screaming, to these shows. Good luck.

Zod

Ah, too bad :( But completely understandable...
Revised tour schedule? Oh hell, I hope the Houston date is still on the list! *crosses fingers*
Or at least Ft Worth @ the Ridglea *hopes*

Well...we had planned to be there....and as long as it works out that we can still be there...we will be there.

You know you have my 150% complete support, no matter who, and I will do whatever it takes to get it done. Hopefully, we can, as Whoopie said in Sister Act " Put some butts in the seats". We will work our buts off also to make this happen.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thats to bad for CIIC but awesome for CM and Manticora. I am looking to fly out for one or two of these shows hopefully!!!

Bear

I'll be disappointed not to see CIIC, but anything that gives Circus Maximus more stage time is OK in my book!

Still hoping for a Chicago stop. I think Harley (KaptainKrude) was going to send Hoyt some suggestions for venues if there was no luck in the first round.

Ken

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I was really looking forward to seeing Circle II Circle again so this is a BIG disappointment. On the other hand CM headlining is some of the best news I have ever heard!!!!! I will continue to try to make a KC or STL date happen one way or another.

I wonder what the turnout is going to be like for these shows. Circus Maximus and Manticora both have limited exposure in the states so would these shows come down to the amount of promoting for the tour?

Thanks again to everyone for their continued support of this tour despite the bad news/good news scenario. I assure you that I will be striving to maintain the previously confirmed dates, as well as booking the remaining dates over the next couple of weeks.

Hindsight being 20/20, this 'smaller' tour package may in fact be an easier sell to many reluctant venues. Regardless, I will keep you informed as soon as I am able to confirm more dates and venues.

Watch this thread, and be sure to make the effort to get to a show near you. And bring friends! LOTS of friends! We need to prove to these venues that taking this tour is worth their time and effort. And I believe if there's a fanbase that can do it, it's the progpower fans! :worship:

Thanks to the bands involved and thanks to Glenn and Claus for believing in the bands, the fans, and their tour director. :D

Stay Tuned! :headbang:

A question to you Glenn:

Are they still making the Quebec show and is CM headlining? You wrote on the PM Board that the promoters asked specifically to have Manticora as second spot instead of CM. With CIIC off the bill, does that part still hold?

Thanks in advance!

ps: Bummer for CIIC... :-(

Steve

np: Dreamscape - 5th season