Controversial opinions on metal

Cutesy is definitely not one of the words I'd use to describe that song.

it's very cutesy... clapping, singing in unison, happy sounding, simlple three chord riffs... that doesn't make it bad but it doesn't sound at all 'rebellious' or threatening like punks' image makes it out to be.

it's very cutesy... clapping, singing in unison, happy sounding, simlple three chord riffs... that doesn't make it bad but it doesn't sound at all 'rebellious' or threatening like punks' image makes it out to be.
Are we even listening to the same song?

Anyone agree that Watchtower has never gotten the cred they deserve? They made a big impact on technical metal but are still fairly unmentioned today by bands who owe them tons of credit.

Agreed, not to mention they were one of the original progressive metal bands. Ron Jarzombek is one of the most talented guitarists out there.

James LaBrie is a fairly typical quasi-operatic modern progressive metal singer. Boring.

James LaBrie was a great singer until he hurt his voice around 1995. Now he mostly just grates on me, but he was pretty good both times I saw them last May.

So the controversial opinion seems to be to like Brians work with AC/DC more than Bons. Count me in on that one. I dont really like Bon that much at all.

On LaBrie, technique wise hes very good but tthere if often something missing. Gotta say hes been getting better. I remember listening to Octavarium (which I overall was disapointed with) and on that album LaBrie is the star performer I think.