Coroner reunion?!

Satanstoenail

My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle
Sep 6, 2006
Arse End
Holy shit, I never thought it would happen, and it is only a rumour, but holy shit...

From Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141615

Swiss thrash trio CORONER — made up of bassist Ron Royce, drummer Marquis Marky (a.k.a. Marky Edelmann) and guitarist Tommy T. Baron — is rumored to be reuniting for an appearance at next year's edition of Hellfest, set to take place June 17-19, 2011 in Clisson, France.

CORONER's name/logo appears on a promotional poster that was captured yesterday in the photo below, taken at the site of this year's Hellfest. In addition, a short posting on the Hellfest web site regarding next year's event reads as follows, "We also announce the arrival of a legendary group! Stay tuned; you'll have a hell of a surprise and do not wait to buy those tickets!"

Originally part of the road crew for fellow countrymen CELTIC FROST, CORONER went on to become one of the most progressive extreme metal acts of the Eighties.

The connection between the Zurich band and CELTIC FROST was so strong, in fact, that CELTIC FROST frontman Tom G. Warrior offered to handle vocals for the emerging band's demo. Warrior and CORONER entered Switzerland's Magnetix studio on October 10, 1985, and nine days later they walked out with the impressive four-song 1986 release, "Death Cult".

While subsequent bootlegged CDs included the bonus tracks of "Arrogance in Uniform" and "Hate, Fire, Blood", the original four-track demo consisted of the following tracks: "Spectators of Sin", "Spiral Dream", "Aerial Combat" and "The Invincible". (Only "Spiral Dream" would make it onto CORONER's 1987 debut LP, "R.I.P.")

According to The BNR Metal Pages, CORONER "progressed from the raw speed of 'R.I.P.' to the more laidback style of 'Grin', releasing five albums (not counting the semi-compilation 'Coroner' album) that are all different and yet all are undeniably related, and undeniably CORONER. The band called it a day in 1994, actually before the release of 'Coroner', with Marky Edelmann joining APOLLYON SUN and Tommy T. Baron going to KREATOR, though neither is still with those bands."

They should come to Australia and play a show in my opinion.

I heartily verily muchly enthusiastically agree. I doubt it'll happen though. My girlfriend & I have already discussed the possibility of going to Hellfest next year.

Ok this is now official. From the Coroner forum:

Tommy Vetterli just confirmed after his gig with 69 Chambers @ Hellfest that CORONER will be back in 2011 for several shows on festivals (Hellfest of course and more).

Woooooooooooo :kickass: