Creed to play ATL on Sept 11

I liked Blink 182 better the first time when they were called Screeching Weasel.
(though I seriously doubt anyone here knows what the f*ck I am talking about...so that was probably an epic fail on my part.....)

I know all about Screeching Weasel.
Blink 182 is still better.

was there really a demand for a Creed reunion? They seem to have been a punchline for jokes....and not even in the metal scene either.

My thoughts exactly. But I guess if Limp Bizkit are reuniting and there are people moronic enough to pay to see them, this isn't surprising.

They're probably just jumping on the reunion bandwagon. More bands have gotten back together this year than I can remember in any past years.

Limp Bizkit
Faith No More
Recover
Cave In
Sunny Day Real Estate
Blink 182
Matchbook Romance
Fear Factory (w/Byron Stroud and Gene Hoglan)
Chamberlain

There are a few more too, I just can't remember them off the top of my head. If there's money to be made, why not make it?

They're probably just jumping on the reunion bandwagon. More bands have gotten back together this year than I can remember in any past years.

Limp Bizkit
Faith No More
Recover
Cave In
Sunny Day Real Estate
Blink 182
Matchbook Romance
Fear Factory (w/Byron Stroud and Gene Hoglan)
Chamberlain

There are a few more too, I just can't remember them off the top of my head. If there's money to be made, why not make it?

Exactly 1 of those are bands I would like to see reform, and that's Fear Factory. Faith No More is the only other legitimately noteworthy reformation in that list. I think I heard a rumor that Rammstein were getting back together. Did they even break up? I have no idea, but I'd sure like to see them bring their tour around again...

Exactly 1 of those are bands I would like to see reform, and that's Fear Factory. Faith No More is the only other legitimately noteworthy reformation in that list. I think I heard a rumor that Rammstein were getting back together. Did they even break up? I have no idea, but I'd sure like to see them bring their tour around again...

I'm sorry but to say that only Fear Factory and FNM are the only noteworthy reunions is kind of dumb. Sunny Day Real Estate, Limp Bizkit, and Blink 182 are some of the most important and/or well known bands in rock history. All of those bands getting back together is pretty big news, especially SDRE. Cave In is extremely well known in the hardcore scene and that news was huge. You might not like all these bands (I don't), but to say their reformations aren't noteworthy is ignorant.

mëtålspëd;8237851 said:
Alterbridge lives... according to blabbermouth yesterday.

I saw that too. For some reason I get the feeling that AB will fall by the wayside now, even if the Creed "reunion" is a flop (which I predict it will be). Stapp is a hypocritical "dick" and quite frankly I don't think Temonti, Phillips, and Marshall should give him the time of day. Money talks though.

~Brian~

I think I heard a rumor that Rammstein were getting back together. Did they even break up? I have no idea, but I'd sure like to see them bring their tour around again...

Rammstein never broke up. They've been recording a new album, and supposedly will tour the US again when the touring cycle for the album kicks in.

I'm not a fan of Alterbridge, but this statement from Myles should satisfy their fans. It's posted on his myspace:

Monday, April 27, 2009
The news today

Many of you are wondering how this Creed reunion tour will affect the future of Alter Bridge. No worries, it won’t. I can assure you that as soon as they finish in October we will move forward.

Contrary to false statements that might lead you to believe otherwise, Alter Bridge continues to be paramount to the four of us.

The guys have my full support. It’s a very complex situation to say the least. It had to be done.

I appreciate the fact that so many of you are concerned about our future. With that said, everything is going to be all right. Alter Bridge’s third record is well on it’s way. The guys will embark on their reunion tour, I will make my record, and then we will carry on.

"Don’t forget we’re here to stay"

All the best

mk

Leads me to believe there were contractual/legal oblications to reforming Creed.

Leads me to believe there were contractual/legal oblications to reforming Creed.

I agree with you about this. Myles is light years above Scott's vocals and seems to be a class act. Like I said above, I hope the mean, green monster doesn't rear its ugly head and eat Myles up! It always seems like the great vocalist in mainstream rock always get the raw end of the deal. Good examples of this are Ray Gillen and Paul Shortino. Both of those guys never really obtained the successes that their talents deserve.

~Brian~

Well there have been those rumors floating around of Myles fronting the "new" Led Zeppelin. You can't just expect the other dudes from Alter Bridge to sit around and do nothing while their vocalist is out on tour with another band. They've gotta make money somehow.

was there really a demand for a Creed reunion? They seem to have been a punchline for jokes....and not even in the metal scene either.

I believe they were all under contractual obligations to complete another album and tour, that is what I got from reading more than a few things about it, Myles K also wrote about it and said Alter Bridge is still a main band for all members...

Bear