CRIMSON GLORY ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
KICK ASS!!!!!!!! CRIMSON GLORY TO HEADLINE PP8!!!!!!!!!

CRIMSON GLORY members Jon Drenning (guitar), Jeff Lords (bass) and Ben Jackson (guitar) have finally reunited with their original singer Midnight, following the massive demand from their loyal fanbase around the globe and are ready to take on the world.

Now that CRIMSON GLORY are back, metal fans all around the world can rejoice, as there is a wealth of material that the band will release through Greece's Black Lotus Records — on this — the band's 20th anniversary.

Firstly the remasters:

The much revered eponymous debut album of CRIMSON GLORY will be expanded — remastered and have a new title. "Lost Reflections" will not only feature new artwork, new and previously unseen band photos, lyrics and new liner notes but also the added bonus of the previously unreleased songs — "Love Me - Kill Me" and "Dream Dancer", which was originally only found on the Par cassette release of the album and on some hard to find singles, a new video for the song "Lost Refection" and a band interview about the first CD, shedding light on how this magnificent opus was crafted.

Apart from the debut, an upgraded version of the band's defining masterpiece "Transcendence" will be released — subtitled "Transcendence: Renovatio", featuring new cover art, unpublished band photos, lyrics and new liner notes, new mastering, demo versions of two songs as bonuses, a new video for the song "Painted Skies" and a band interview about the second CD.

"Lost Reflections" and "Transcendence: Renovatio" are scheduled for release on June 26 in Europe and August 22 in the U.S.

Later in this year and beyond:

There are plans for a DVD with the tentative title "Phantoms of the Opera". Also an "Astronomica" *redux* newly recorded, with Midnight at the helm, a collection with many rare and previously unreleased songs and last but certainly NOT least the band's BRAND NEW album in mid-2007.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
KICK ASS!!!!!!!! CRIMSON GLORY TO HEADLINE PP8!!!!!!!!!

CRIMSON GLORY members Jon Drenning (guitar), Jeff Lords (bass) and Ben Jackson (guitar) have finally reunited with their original singer Midnight, following the massive demand from their loyal fanbase around the globe and are ready to take on the world.

Now that CRIMSON GLORY are back, metal fans all around the world can rejoice, as there is a wealth of material that the band will release through Greece's Black Lotus Records — on this — the band's 20th anniversary.

Firstly the remasters:

The much revered eponymous debut album of CRIMSON GLORY will be expanded — remastered and have a new title. "Lost Reflections" will not only feature new artwork, new and previously unseen band photos, lyrics and new liner notes but also the added bonus of the previously unreleased songs — "Love Me - Kill Me" and "Dream Dancer", which was originally only found on the Par cassette release of the album and on some hard to find singles, a new video for the song "Lost Refection" and a band interview about the first CD, shedding light on how this magnificent opus was crafted.

Apart from the debut, an upgraded version of the band's defining masterpiece "Transcendence" will be released — subtitled "Transcendence: Renovatio", featuring new cover art, unpublished band photos, lyrics and new liner notes, new mastering, demo versions of two songs as bonuses, a new video for the song "Painted Skies" and a band interview about the second CD.

"Lost Reflections" and "Transcendence: Renovatio" are scheduled for release on June 26 in Europe and August 22 in the U.S.

Later in this year and beyond:

There are plans for a DVD with the tentative title "Phantoms of the Opera". Also an "Astronomica" *redux* newly recorded, with Midnight at the helm, a collection with many rare and previously unreleased songs and last but certainly NOT least the band's BRAND NEW album in mid-2007.

This is great news!! Hopefully we'll see them at PP next year!:headbang:

I will only 100% believe all of this when I see it. There have always been "news" and rumours regarding CG, such as PP appearances and new albums, even from the guys themselves (I asked them face to face). I hope they've just been really quiet lately but I also heard other things, so....here's hoping. Though I have no need for the reissues/rereleases whatever. Astronomica will be interesting with Midnight seeing, but I still think the original kicks ass.

I 100% believe the re-masters will happen. I 80% believe Midnight will re-record "Astronomica." I 75% believe their will be a new CG album with Midnight on vox.

I .5% believe they will perform live.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Glenn H.

I love Crimson Glory! I am a big fan of Midnight, but I dont think he could do a better job on ASTRONOMICA than Wade did. Wade's vocals are so intense on that album..."New World Machine" gives me chills every time I hear it. I would hope they re-record the drum tracks with a real drummer! TRANSCENDENCE desperatly needs to be re-mastered and I will gladly welcome that into my collection!

Where in the world did the news that CG would headline PP8 come from?? Or is that simply random speculation? If Glenn himself believes there is a .5% chance of them playing live, then obviously it's far, far from reality.

Jason

Harvester said:
I 100% believe the re-masters will happen. I 80% believe Midnight will re-record "Astronomica." I 75% believe their will be a new CG album with Midnight on vox.

Glenn H.

I 100% believe that they will try to kill each other at some point during this process.

That .5% MUST happen. IT MUST!!! I never got to see them back in the day :( I will not miss the opportunity if it presents itself, even if I have to travel to a European fest to do it!

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Maybe I'm wrong, but after what I saw on stage with Kamelot (was it PPV?), I have to wonder if Midnight can still sing at all. I'm from Tampa, and have been a fan,a big fan. But, I think it's kinda like hopen' that Queensryche puts out another good album. It just ain't gonna happen.:kickass:

"Now I feel the bridges burning"

Same was true at ProgPower 5.1 ("Midnight at 6am"). He was really good.

Oh, if only I'd had my digital camera (with video recording) one year earlier.......

I think there was a missed cue during that Kamelot show, or something like that. Can't hold the snafu entirely against Midnight.

Meanmistreator said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but after what I saw on stage with Kamelot (was it PPV?), I have to wonder if Midnight can still sing a all. I'm from Tampa, and have been a fan,a big fan. But, I think it's kinda like hopen' that Queensryche puts out another good album. It just ain't gonna happen.:kickass:

"Now I feel the bridges burning"

In his defense, and I wouldn't defend him if I wasn't certain this was true, he was piss fucking drunk. He was drunk when I was talking to Ben and he, and so I'm pretty sure he didn't become sober magically when he got on stage. It's not a big deal though really, it wasn't a CG show and he was having fun, and everyone was happy to see it anyway, so it's all good. :)

Mosquito said:
In his defense, and I wouldn't defend him if I wasn't certain this was true, he was piss fucking drunk. He was drunk when I was talking to Ben and he, and so I'm pretty sure he didn't become sober magically when he got on stage. It's not a big deal though really, it wasn't a CG show and he was having fun, and everyone was happy to see it anyway, so it's all good. :)
You're dead right on that. He posted an explanation on some forum, (I think this one?) where he said he was told they were no longer going to do it, so he started drinkiing, then he was told it was a go and then he was sent out at the wrong time. So yea, it was more funny then an example of his ability. I just missed his morning performance, will always kick myself for that. :cry: Really hope to see him live in true form.

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Damn it! This post made me buy Transcendance for like the fifth time, and then when the re-master comes out, I'm gonna have ta' buy that too..... Oh well.:lol:

"now I feel the bridges burning"

AMBR said:
You're dead right on that. He posted an explanation on some forum, (I think this one?) where he said he was told they were no longer going to do it, so he started drinkiing, then he was told it was a go and then he was sent out at the wrong time. So yea, it was more funny then an example of his ability. I just missed his morning performance, will always kick myself for that. :cry: Really hope to see him live in true form.
Hmmmm...maybe Glenn is just waiting to tell this one (accurately) in his book
;)

The reunited CRIMSON GLORY have been confirmed to perform at this year's Rockwave Festival, set to take place in June-July (various dates) at Terra Vibe in Athens, Greece. More information will be made available soon.