CYHRA: Letters To Myself ft ex-AMARANTHE, ex-IN FLAMES members

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
CYHRA FEATURING FORMER AMARANTHE, IN FLAMES, ANNIHILATOR MEMBERS TO RELEASE DEBUT IN OCTOBER; “KARMA” SINGLE STREAMING

"...CyHra, the new band featuring former Amaranthe singer Jake E. and ex-In Flames guitarist Jesper Strömblad, have revealed details of their forthcoming debut album, Letters To Myself. The album is available for pre-order here.
Due for release on October 20th via Spinefarm Records, Letters To Myself features plenty of the magic that each member of the band has become known for over the years.
CyHra have shared the first single, "Karma”, available for streaming here. The video will follow on September 8th...."

cyhraalbumaug.jpg

Sounds pretty good so far. Some of Jesper's guitar parts wouldn't have sounded out of place in In Flames songs. Good to hear that he hasn't lost it.

Jake E's vocals leave me a bit cold. He is a good singer, but everything he sings sounds a bit phoned in. There's no emotional depth to his delivery. I'm kind of glad he's left Amaranthe; they needed a shake up after four very similar albums and I'm keen to hear what they can do with a different singer.

Wow - this sounds really good. I have always wondered what Amaranthe would sound like without growls. This is it. Good stuff - will be buying.

Another solid release. I am a fan of Jake's vocals and he sounds good here. Solid debut and nothing fancy here. Solid and melodic songs that are easy on the ears. Good release.

Brand