Def Leppard- Hysteria Era Documentary

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
For all you Def leppard- Hysteria era fans this video is great. Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptc4VH_04M&sns=fb[/ame]

words cannot describe how much I came to HATE, loathe this band come this album...

The band rocked until Hysteria and it has been a straight downhill slide since....:zombie:

Agreed with one exception, Retro Active has several good songs ... and several weak songs. But it was the last of the true hard rock songs from Def Leppard.

I respect all your opinions above but I guess I am in the minority. Hysteria actually was my introduction into the world of rock to the level that I got hooked so it is very special to me. Still one of the best live acts out there in arenas today. That cannot be argued.

I liked Hysteria the first 6.2 million times I heard it. But then EVERYTHING they did sounded exactlty the same. Except for Slang which I actually like...

I'm gritty & old, and my opinion on Def Leppard is they haven't done anything good since High & Dry. So that makes 2 albums of theirs worth owning :Smokedev:....

Am I in the minority for hating Pyromania, and having that be the start of their slide into BIDNGAFA? (bands I dare not give a fook about) :heh:

I'm gritty & old, and my opinion on Def Leppard is they haven't done anything good since High & Dry. So that makes 2 albums of theirs worth owning :Smokedev:....

Am I in the minority for hating Pyromania, and having that be the start of their slide into BIDNGAFA? (bands I dare not give a fook about) :heh:

I find it tough to listen to Pyromania now since every single song on that record was pounded into our brains. But there was a blissful window that lasted several months where I had the record but before MTv and the local rock stations buried us in all things Leppard. I still believe that Pyromania is about as perfect a record as could be made in that genre. I'm just damned sick of it and always will be.

I love everything Def Leppard did from On Through The Night until Hysteria. Adrenalize was the beginning of the end for me. The songs on that album were terrible. They even ruined the original version of Tear It Down on Adrenalize.

With that said, Hysteria is one of the best hard rock albums ever made! I can't fathom how any 80s hard rock fan can think otherwise.

~Brian~

I love everything Def Leppard did from On Through The Night until Hysteria. Adrenalize was the beginning of the end for me. The songs on that album were terrible. They even ruined the original version of Tear It Down on Adrenalize.

With that said, Hysteria is one of the best hard rock albums ever made! I can't fathom how any 80s hard rock fan can think otherwise.

~Brian~

I'm a big fan of 80s hard rock and for me, Hysteria is commercial corporate sounding crap that had lost all of the essence of the early Def Lep. It had already started on Pyromania, but the "crunch" was still a bit there and I really enjoyed it. On Hysteria, as far as I recall cause I haven't listened to it in 25 years, it was just mellow popular music. There is nothing really "hard" in that album, in opposition to the 3 earlier albums.

I'm a big fan of 80s hard rock and for me, Hysteria is commercial corporate sounding crap that had lost all of the essence of the early Def Lep. It had already started on Pyromania, but the "crunch" was still a bit there and I really enjoyed it. On Hysteria, as far as I recall cause I haven't listened to it in 25 years, it was just mellow popular music. There is nothing really "hard" in that album, in opposition to the 3 earlier albums.

On Through The Night and High N Dry were AC/DC inspired rock albums, I'll give you that. Pyromania and Hysteria were "arena ready" rock albums that were more slick in the production department, most likely turning some fans off for sure. In my opinion, both Pyro and Hysteria were ground breaking albums paving the way for every other hard rock band back in the day.

~Brian~

I respect all your opinions above but I guess I am in the minority. Hysteria actually was my introduction into the world of rock to the level that I got hooked so it is very special to me...

Same here.

I think of Leppard as two different bands. With Steve Clark, and without. Only one of these bands is good.