Demolition book

I must say this is what first popped into my head:
olition001.jpg

Hahaha,
Thanks Simon, but I got it.

I was just hijacking the thread as I was always pissed on how much a rip off Demolition were.

OK, carry on.

80s demos!!! Yes, we used to trade them, and dub them, and that's how we found out about new bands, esp local ones.

Lots of times too, people would put a band's demo tape at the end of an audio bootleg tape as bonus.

Pre internet = Crazy times...............

Though I know many youngsters still profess that they have an education from HEAVY METAL UNIVERSITY!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA X 100000..

Must be an online program for sure.

So, didn't anyone think this book would be about the Judas Priest album?

I'm afraid I won't have much use for this book. I have a feeling there won't be a lot of information in it that's not already on Metal Archives. If it covers every demo from the '80s, there won't be much room to go into detail about any one of them.

You're A Jackass

What's up your bum????????

You are not at all the example of the type of person I am speaking of dude.
It's the annoying twits who act like complete know it alls and speak about how "things used to be", when all they know about is what they read online.......

It has nothing to do with WHEN someone got into metal.

And for the record, it's not like I am claiming to be an expert....
To your point, I did voluntarily get out of metal.
The bands I liked were starting to blow and death metal was on the rise.
Though I don't ever speak about being an expert in death metal, 2nd wave black metal, 1st wave of melodo-Swedish DM,etc, and the other genres that arose when I was out of metal.

It was a tongue in cheek comment on how different things were and more effort given in the demo age, to discovering bands.

People are writing books about it.

Are they jackasses then?

So, didn't anyone think this book would be about the Judas Priest album?

I'm afraid I won't have much use for this book. I have a feeling there won't be a lot of information in it that's not already on Metal Archives. If it covers every demo from the '80s, there won't be much room to go into detail about any one of them.

Ha!!!
You know what's funny?
I seriously thought of the tag team and not at all about the Priest album.

That was my thought as well.
Don't know how much detail you could go into.
Though it would be a hell of a coffee table read if you really had an in depth account of each of these demos. Could really be cool.

I never said my situation was "better".
Just saying those who I won't mention who talk about how things "were" who weren't there annoys me. You all have an opinion and its allowed.

I mean, for example, you would never hear me say, "Oh man,when Coverdale joined Deep Purple, the reaction was.............."

yeah I honestly don't see how this could be interesting...are they going to have interviews from bands? If it is just going to list demo's and stuff it will be just as Dave said...a book version of Metal Archives.

I never said my situation was "better".
Just saying those who I won't mention who talk about how things "were" who weren't there annoys me. You all have an opinion and its allowed.

I mean, for example, you would never hear me say, "Oh man,when Coverdale joined Deep Purple, the reaction was.............."

But Jason, a lot of time you have dug at younger people talking about bands and such (such as myself) who don't even proclaim to be around back then. I'm not trying to fight with you, but sometimes you tend to overanalyze and think we're saying one thing when we're really saying another.

But Jason, a lot of time you have dug at younger people talking about bands and such (such as myself) who don't even proclaim to be around back then. I'm not trying to fight with you, but sometimes you tend to overanalyze and think we're saying one thing when we're really saying another.

Tis a forum my friend.
Everyone over analyzes things.
My only Main issue is when people talk about what it was like when "Band X did this or that" as if they experienced it.

The selling out of Metallica is a good example.
Well it's easy for a kid getting into metal to say "fuck Lars"
But that kid didn't live through that era where the band was on a major label and metal was on the radio and MTV. Different times

Even Overkill and Testament had ballads.

Anyhow I have no idea why Lee is so butt hurt by this.
He has ignored all my texts for the past three days.
Not really cool with the "Jackass" comment either but then again I suppose that's being "metal". LOL

But Jason, a lot of time you have dug at younger people talking about bands and such (such as myself) who don't even Wproclaim to be around back then. I'm not trying to fight with you, but sometimes you tend to overanalyze and think we're saying one thing when we're really saying another.

Tis a forum my friend.
Everyone over analyzes things.
My only Main issue is when people talk about what it was like when "Band X did this or that" as if they experienced it.

The selling out of Metallica is a good example.
Well it's easy for a kid getting into metal to say "fuck Lars"
But that kid didn't live through that era where the band was on a major label and metal was on the radio and MTV. Different times

Even Overkill and Testament had ballads.

Anyhow I have no idea why Lee is so butt hurt by this.
He has ignored all my texts for the past three days.
Nothing mentioned was directed towards him or anyone here.
Not really cool with the "Jackass" comment either but then again I suppose that's being "metal". LOL