Describe Arcturus...

I see you're a Nevermore fan also, they're much better than them for one thing. They don't sound like anyone else. I don't know they're just really masterful, sophisticated, and theatrical. I recommend starting with The Sham Mirrors and then Sideshow Symphonies. Most people prefer La Masquerade Infernale but I think it was bad other than the songs Simen sang on. Garms vocals on that album were really annoying. Although even when Garm sounds great on The Sham Mirrors is obvious his voice is processed and auto tuned as hell.

But still they're one of the best bands ever. And keep in mind you will not like them at first.

What's wrong with the production on SS? :confused:

Listen to Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer. Notice how it's volume is a lot lower than the songs before and after it? Notice to huge *CLICK* sound at the end? The production on that album, and especially that song (which is my favourite of that album) are just atrocious (and not in the good black metal way)

Yeah the production didn't bother me much in the beginning, but I really can't stand it when I listen to the album these days. SS holds a special place for me though 'cus it was the first Arcturus album I got into. All the other albums are better though.

The Sham Mirrors is so much better than anything else, there should be no hesitation. SS doesnt even deserve to be talked about next to sham mirrors

ham Mirros, by far. It is SO annoying when Garm tries to use that stupid deep opera voice. Just listen to the intro of Master of Dusguise when he sngs along Simen. He sounds like shit. But he sounds awesome in Sham Mirros.

I love SS. Shipwrecked Pioneer, Hibernation Sickness, Demon Painter, etc.. all great songs. LMI and SM are superior but, wtf :lol: I don't think SS sucks at all.

It's mostly bitter Garm fanboys. Not on this board, thank Odin, but everywhere else.

They also give Simen all kinds of shit about the DVD "wah wah he sucks". Not realizing if Garm was on that dvd

1.He couldn't sing because he wouldn't have auto tuning/pitch correction, effects
2.He would just stand there.

Don't get me wrong, Garm is great. I'm just tired of SS bashing by his bitter fans, and again it's not on this board.

Whatever, it's a matter of opinion... I think it's silly to insult others though over your tastes. People are allowed to like different things, that's how the world works. I like Vortex more than Garm, but I don't say Aspera Hiems Symfonia sucks (because it doesn't :p)...