Devin will be playing mostly Ocean Machine and Terria

Fathed102

New Metal Member
Mar 27, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
I got this e-mail yesterday from tracy (Devins wife)

"It's an all new band. They didn't want the Strapping band. "

Im not sure who the lineup is but I hope Gene Hoglan is there. If not its still cool. Im there for primarly devin anyways. If anybody knows the lineup please tell me.

I got the following from www.bravewords.com:

After being postponed, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's US West Coast tour is back on. The tour will primarily feature SYL material with a song from each of DEVIN TOWNSEND's other projects. The dates begin on May 15th at Graceland in Seattle, WA and conclude on May 23rd at Nu Trax in Bend, OR. There are no plans for any other tours at this time and they will not be making any other US stops. In related news, Devin has been rehearsing for his new project with Scotty McCargar. He has since added guitar player Brian Waddell with whom he has played since they were teenagers, and a bass player named Mike. The vibe with the new band is great and Devin sees it as a natural split between his musical styles. It will be more musician-oriented music and he does plan to tour with this band, possibly as an opening slot for Strapping. There is discussion of touring with a bill of ZIMMERS HOLE, Devin Townsend and Strapping Young Lad but that is still just talk. Devin has confirmed to play the ProgPower III in Atlanta in November with the new band.

I'm confused as to why the subject of the thread is "Devin will be playing mostly Ocean Machine and Terria" when nothing in the post attempts to substantiate that claim. Why would the fact that the band is different from Strapping Young Lad mean that Devy's setlist will be mostly Ocean Machine and Terria?

confused,
-matt
np: Rush - Signals