Digital Clipping. How to get rid of it?

So I usually unfortunately am stuck doing my own mastering. You can check out my work at www.soundcloud.com/skybluestudios/sets/metal-samples

As you can hear during those mixes there are certain spots that end up having a tad bit of digital clipping here and there......

Anyone have any advice on why its even audibly clipping? I can even bypass my mastering and there wont be any clipping audible or visual but once I turn my mastering on it starts to clip in certain sections, mainly either tom sections or parts that have a guitar soloed for a couple seconds.

Im using T RAQS to master (yea I know its shitty)........but I also run my mixes through my Brent averil 1073s as well to smooth it out a bit.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

iZotope Rx is sweet. But it sounds like you're getting clipping from the mastering and not the original files? If so, see if you can turn on oversampling in the mastering plugins. And of course make sure you're not overloading the input section of the plug-in as well. Maybe turn down to -6dB at the peaks before you begin mastering.

I find that using a master bus compressor into Izotope Loudness Maximizer gives me the best results with no audible digital clipping

All the Izotope stuff is sweet, RX has saved my ass a couple times when I had clipped signal on some live concert multitracks, but I wouldn't use it as a tool to try and prevent clipping.. more useful for repairing waveforms that were damaged in the first place

Turn it down.

Agreed. RMS -9dBFS or under. That should give you ALL the genre-requisite loud you would ever need without clipping on most limiters. I try to get my clients to OK an RMS -12dbFS mix, but peer pressure always rots the brain.

One thing that worth checking out is finding out which tracks are causing the mix to clip. the clipping may be going on before mix buss. keep it in the green (less than -12dBFS peak). Those sweet plugins with the awesome presets libraries are still emulating analog gear with a 1.23v reference.

All mixes have a certain loudness potential. If a mix can't make it to a certain level without irritatingly clipping, just back it off. Yeah, it might not be as loud as Death Magnetic then, but it will sound better.
Maximizing loudness potential is also something discussed plenty of times in this forum.
Before resorting to a declipping plug in, make sure you get it right at the source and that the mix is good enough to maximize the loudness potential.
Declipping should be an absolute last resort IMO, only to be used when you don't have control over the other aspects

what if the mix was already done and there was clipping to be fixed? what de clipping plug in would you recommend? see, i'm trying to help some friends clean up a track taken by a video camera at a live concert. I thought de clipping could help a little bit.

what if the mix was already done and there was clipping to be fixed? what de clipping plug in would you recommend? see, i'm trying to help some friends clean up a track taken by a video camera at a live concert. I thought de clipping could help a little bit.

You can't un-clip a clipped mix. All you can do is adjust/reprint it.

thanks for the reply, i saw a video on youtube about unclipping a track from muse. So I thought it would help my friends and their video taped sound. I'll search for the video again and post it.

Anyone have any advice on why its even audibly clipping? I can even bypass my mastering and there wont be any clipping audible or visual but once I turn my mastering on it starts to clip in certain sections, mainly either tom sections or parts that have a guitar soloed for a couple seconds.

Download my fav'e little tool ever, which is http://www.sonalksis.com/freeg.htm
put it first on the master bus, and automate it to go down 0.5 db or whatever is needed on those sections. It's more convinient then automating the input section of the limiter/clipper, at least to me.