Dimmu Borgir: How is "Borgir" pronounced?

Originally posted by Starbreaker
Does that name mean anything in a foreign language?

On their official site I remeber was explained the origin of their name (I'm speakin about the website of some months ago), I don't now if in the current one the explanation is still present.....

But I'm sure it was Icelandic and (not so sure about this) it's a name of a volcano of Iceland or other natural phenomena

On their official site I remeber was explained the origin of their name (I'm speakin about the website of some months ago), I don't now if in the current one the explanation is still present.....

But I'm sure it was Icelandic and (not so sure about this) it's a name of a volcano of Iceland or other natural phenomena
Literally it DOES mean dark castle/fortress which is the usual meaning, but the true derivation of their name does come from the Dimmuborgir area in Iceland. Dimmuborgir is a hardened lava lake that has formed all kinds of rocky formations and caverns. It's a great place actually (has gone hiking there).

Originally posted by The Reverend
I call them Dime Burger, but that's because I don't like anything they've done. Except Stormblast.

Oh c'mon..Stormblast is good but their other albums rip as well...

Dim-yoo Bor-gear

Icelandic for "Dark Castle", like someone mentioned. Don't know for sure about the stuff the other guy mentioned, sounds interesting though.

I know alot of metalheads that hail them..but shit..the people who dislike them seriously fuckin dislike them..like just brutal deep seated hate...haha whatever though. To each his own.

Dimmu Borgir have obviously changed over time and it's almost hard to think the same band made Stormblast and Puritanical...

The early Dimmu Borgir had a lot of the focus on the vocals and keyboards. Giving it a very atmospheric feel.
The new stuff has less focus on the keyboards (which is a shame :( ) and almost sounds like death metal, but now they have Vortex. When Vortex is in your band it's hard to go wrong. :D