DREAM THEATER Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary N.A. Tour

I saw the show in Peoria IL a week or so. While the band was firing on all cylinders instrumentally, they are not doing James Labrie any favors by making him try to do stuff from 25 years ago. He was seriously laboring on the I & W material, and this coming from a staunch Labrie supporter. I am hoping the show I saw was just an aberration as many earlier reviews were stating how well he was doing with these shows. I still give him props for trying, and at least then I know he's not using pre-recorded backing tracks like so many other supposed "live" bands.

You can definitely tell he has aged on "Take the Time" and "Under a Glass Moon", but he makes it work still..... No, he definitely cannot hit and hold the notes he used to, but what he does with it still works.

Found out today, via a Capital One credit to my account that the Nashville show is off. The ticket office said, "Due to unforeseen circumstances the show was canceled". Not sure what the hell that means for us seeing this tour down south.

I guess you can ask James at the PPUSA XIX meet & greet why they cancelled the Nashville show. :-D

They made a statement about it early on..... Something to do with their stage rigging not fitting into the venue.....

Not surprised. War Memorial is an old auditorium & there are better places they could have played. TPAC would have been a better choice. I'm thinking the sound at the War Memorial would not have been very good for something like I&W.

Saw them in Boston last night. Excellent show, I highly recommend that anyone on the fence go see them. They sound awesome and while I agree that LaBrie isn't the same guy you hear on the album he was great! Mangini really elevates the band too! GO SEE IT!

I didn't go see the show because I can't stand the Orpheum. Lame excuse I know, but I couldn't make it anyway. Playing at the Orpheum sealed the deal anyway ........ that place has been run into the ground....... not worthy of hosting Dream Theater any longer.

Reactions: Tommy3328
I didn't go see the show because I can't stand the Orpheum. Lame excuse I know, but I couldn't make it anyway. Playing at the Orpheum sealed the deal anyway ........ that place has been run into the ground....... not worthy of hosting Dream Theater any longer.

AND GET THOSE KIDS OFF MY LAWN!

:p

Still disappointed that they didn't play Atlanta as the setlist is amazing, even without I&W.

DREAM THEATER - BACK TO BUDOKAN 2017 MIXED BY PRODUCER RICHARD CHYCKI; ARTWORK AND TRACKLIST REVEALED

"....Producer / engineer Richard Chycki has checked in with a brief update:

"Mixed Dream Theater’s Budokan live show celebrating Images, Words & Beyond for broadcast by wowow."

The show took place on September 11th, 2017 at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan.The tracklist for the package is available below. More details will be revealed soon...."

BackToBudokan.jpg

I saw the Dallas show last Saturday. Great show. However, It did seem like James Lebrie was laboring at times.

I saw this tour in Baltimore last week, and JLB was definitely struggling early. Oddly enough, he seemed to rally toward the end of the I&W set, and then hit some really surprising notes during ACoS, so all in all, a commendable job.

DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND LIVE IN JAPAN 2017 STREAMING EVENT; VIDEO TRAILER

"...Dream Theater have announced the Images, Words & Beyond Live in Japan 2017 streaming event, on January 30 at 7 PM, EST...."

dtsevent1220.jpeg

"...Filmed at the historic Nippon Budokan in Tokyo, Japan, in September of 2017, this historic performance has never before been released worldwide. January 30, 2021 marks the first official release from Dream Theater’s Images, Words & Beyond tour, featuring a live performance of the classic album, Images & Words, captured in its entirety during their September 11, 2017 appearance in Tokyo. Don’t miss this presentation, in full HD, initially broadcast only for Japanese audiences, and now for the first time available to audiences worldwide.

Get tickets here, and watch a video trailer below..."

DREAM THEATER Streaming "Pull Me Under" From Upcoming Images And Words - Live in Japan 2017

"...The first release in Dream Theater's Lost Not Forgotten Archives series, Images And Words - Live In Japan, 2017, is available for pre-order today, and releasing June 25.
This initial entry into Dream Theater’s reimagined collectors series is a live recording of the band’s 2017 performance featuring the classic album, Images And Words, performed in full at Japan’s legendary Budokan arena....Released on CD as well as vinyl and digital for the first time, fans can purchase and stream through their favorite music service. The exclusive autographed, ultra-clear vinyl version is limited to just 250 copies, and available only through here. Pre-order all formats here...."

dtiawcd521.jpeg