Dream Theater Tour Dates Announced

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
DREAM THEATER has annouced a second North American leg of a world tour in support of its acclaimed and globally successful album "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" (Roadrunner). The progressive hard rock icons, who've sold in excess of 10 million records and DVDs worldwide, will launch their summer dates June 15 in Rochester, New York and wrap July 21 in Chester, Pennsylvania. The tour includes stops at the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles and the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey plus a two-night engagement at the Paramount Theater on Long Island, New York.

Joining DREAM THEATER, starting June 16 in Columbus, Ohio and for the rest of the tour, is special guest CRIMSON PROJEKCT featuring Adrian Belew, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Markus Reuter, Julie Slick and Tobias Ralph. They'll be performing the songs of progressive rock legends KING CRIMSON.

For the past few months DREAM THEATER has been touring around the world including visits to Europe and Mexico and are set to begin an Asian tour on April 19 in Seoul. The tour will bring the group to Japan, China, Indonesia, Singapore and Taiwan and will conclude May 8 in Bangkok Thailand.

DREAM THEATER North American tour dates:

June 15 - Rochester, NY - Main Street Armory
June 16 - Montebello, QC - D-TOX Rockfest
June 17 - Lewiston, NY - Artpark
June 19 - Columbus, OH - The LC Pavilion
June 21 - Cleveland, OH - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
June 22 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
June 24 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theater
June 26 - Minneapolis, MN - State Theater
June 27 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
June 28 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theater
July 01 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
July 02 - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheater
July 03 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove of Anaheim
July 05 - El Paso, TX - Abraham Chavez Theatre
July 06 - San Antonio, TX - Majestic Theater
July 07 - Austin, TX - ACL Live
July 09 - Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre
July 12 - Richmond, VA - The National
July 13 - Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
July 14 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
July 17 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion
July 18 - Huntington, NY - Paramount Theater
July 19 - Huntington, NY - Paramount Theater
July 21 - Chester, PA - Harrah’s Chester Downs

So essentially they're taking a cover band on the road (featuring an original member by King Crimson). Fucking ridiculous.

Wow. Still no "Evening with..." shows... I wonder if they'll ever do another solo tour.

Honestly, I'm at the point where the supporting band is what would get me out to a Dream Theater show. I'll probably skip this one.

Sigh. It wasn't that long ago that DT was my favorite band in the world. The idea of *not* seeing them live would never been a possibility.

I think considering the incredible year Dream Theater had, the extra exposure, the press, the sales, etc., they should have really gone the opposite direction with this tour. They have so much momentum!! Imagine if they chose to head out on tour with a band like Coheed and Cambria or someone considered quality, somewhat progressive band with a little more mass appeal?

And don't even go ahead and say they'd be selling out!

As much as I love King Crimson, it's kinda whack imo that they have a cover band opening for DT. Sucks that Europe got Periphery and we didn't! Ah well.

And you could also say that they basically opened for a cover band when they did Gigantour in 2005.

If you mean Megadeth, than no.

Megadeth 2005 = Band with the same old name, but new members.

Crimson Projeckt 2012 = New band featuring one original member, new name, playing 100% old material by King Crimson. Essentially, a cover band.

So you're saying the wording of the name is the difference-maker?
Three members of King Crimson - each of whom were on multiple recordings and did multiple tours - is substantially further along the legitimacy spectrum than "cover band". And until we see & hear otherwise, it's probably safe to expect them to draw mainly from material that they were involved with the first time around. It's not like DT is taking out Hail! or similar.

Technically they had a Frank Zappa cover band play before. ;)

Plus...whacky? How about stupid? :lol:

I don't really consider ZPZ a cover band, but I can see how people would view it as one. I've heard that ZPZ is AMAZING live and I've been dying to see them for years but never got the chance to.

Also I said whack not whacky. Get your street lingo right! :p