Dream Theater ''Octavium''

Stoink

Feb 23, 2005
Kansas
Has anyone heard ''Octavium'' yet, I am not a huge dream theater so I dont know if it is out in stores yet. I got a promo copy and it is fucking bad ass. The guitars and vocals sound fantastic. It doesnt really sound like a dream theater cd or at least ''scenes from a memory''. I like it alot, I am a huge fan of this cd. I would encourage everyone to go out and buy it. Oh , the album is pretty heavy acutally as well.

Peace

its not floating around and I didnt download it. I am an editor for metal-temple.com thats how I got it. Misspelling it shows you how big of a fan I am. Either way it is good cd.

Okay....probably should have made that more clear so that you won't have a bunch of people thinking James LaBrie's new piece of shit isn't Octavarium.

Sorry about that. It's just seeing a billion threads of people downloading 'Elements Of Persuasion' and thinking it's Octavarium.....

Soo......it's not like nu-metal or something, is it?

I dont know about numetal about it doesnt sound anything like scenes from a memory. That is the only other dream theater cd I have. There should be a review of it on www.metal-temple.com in a couple of days. I am not doing the review though, but I am doing this band called LaLu and they are bad ass. They are in the same vein as Dream Theater and that should be up on thursday.

Argh! Promo's tick me off sometimes... Starts off with just a few people labels and reviewers having them - then boom! Everyone soon has a promo copy! :( Happened with Edguy's latest as well... I remember like almost half of the forum users on edguy's site had the promo copy before the actual CD release. It was then like "Do any of you have a purpose in having the promo?"

[Edit: Note I'm not implying this towards you - just the inevitable promo leaks that will occur soon if not already]

Still, glad to see that it sounds good. Can't wait for this!

The songs I heard from it were so typically commercial and bland, if you want me to put it differently. They had no redeeming musical value at all. I don't have any interest in hearing any more songs.

Stoink said:
Has anyone heard ''Octavium'' yet, I am not a huge dream theater so I dont know if it is out in stores yet. I got a promo copy and it is fucking bad ass. The guitars and vocals sound fantastic. It doesnt really sound like a dream theater cd or at least ''scenes from a memory''. I like it alot, I am a huge fan of this cd. I would encourage everyone to go out and buy it. Oh , the album is pretty heavy acutally as well.

Peace

Awesome! I was hoping they would continue in the heavy direction! I like their heavier albums the best (Awake, Scenes from a Memory, Train of Thought).

not to get too off topic but, about JLB's latest:

1. its certainly not nu metal in any form.
2. i didn't think it sounded very commercial. catchy at times, but that's a good thing. very, very melodic. if that's not your thing, i guess we have differing views.