Dream Theater's Phoenix Performance

Mestapholes

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2002
Conecticut
Visit site
For what has been said it was horrible due to the sound operations. It surprises me that Dream Theater got that angry to shorten the concert, if i were them i would play it... just for the damn fans. The funny things that occured was, Mike Portnoys thing where he threw drumsticks at the damn sound opperatior! HAHA! That is really funny... give me your thoughts on this.

Mike himself said:

"Believe me, as disappointed as you or any fans were...I was 10x more disappointed that we couldn't deliver the show we intended on doing....

It was out of hands for many technical reasons I wont go into.....

We tried our best!

Sorry,
MP"

Saw them in Denver on Monday, and I thought the sound was pretty terrible. Entirely too much bass, couldn't hear the guitar very well. That being said it was still a great show. Jordan Rudess is amazing. And it was nice to see that they gave LaBrie a playpen full of various percussion toys to keep him busy. :lol:

I'll be going to see DT on the 24th in D.C. and I hope they get the sound problems straightened out. Just in case, I'll be sure to stand near the sound guy in hopes of catching a drumstick :lol:
As long as they play 'The Killing Hand', I'll be happy.

My brother and I went to that show during spring break. The sound was absolutely horrible. I regret having forgot my earplugs back at the hotel. It was way too loud and everything was muddy (EQ! EQ!!!). I kept hearing feedback throughout the entire show. The show began around 7:40 and ended shortly after 10. I thought that was kind of early, but I really didn't think anything of it. I got to talk to James after the show, and he said the light and sound equipment didn't get to the venue until 4:30, so they didn't have time for a thorough sound check. Ah well, it was worth the trip to Phoenix anyway. A great city.

Damn, seems like everyone got shafted with crappy venues or whatever, cause i just saw Dreamtheater in Chicago and the sound was very good i thought. It was at Vic Theater downtown and there was clear distinction between all the instruments, with a really good drum sound. The guitar was a bit loud and the bass was a little soft in the PA...but it captured the best of DT and the show was simply amazing. I drove from Ohio with my brother to see them play, it was my second time overall, and it was the superior show by far. They played, among others, The Glass Prison, Misunderstood, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (entire 2nd disc), Hollow Years, Peruvian Skies, Lines in the Sand, Strange Deja Vu, The Spirit Carries On, Learning to Live :) , and the encore included Pull Me Under. It was one of the best concerts i've been to (i've been to hundreds) and they played an extended set...no opening act, and the show started at 7:45pm and didn't end until 12:00am...them taking only a short 15 minute break half way through. Memorable show, and with me being a musician as well (guitar and vocals) i mean shit!, what inspiration!....anyone who wants to say dreamtheater isn't cool as all hell either is deaf or is jealous of them fast little fingers!!!:D

Hi, I am new here (great site btw :) )
I saw my first DT concert last friday night in Boston and I'd have to say it was THE BEST concert EVER!!! Aside from one error with the mic system on one song, the concert was flawless! Every instrument was in tune with one another and DT must have played at least 25 songs! They played for 1.5 hours then had a 15 min break. Came back to play "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" and finally came back for an hour-long encore!!! It was so fucking amazing! Nearly a four-hour show. After Friday i was seriously considering buying tickets for either the Connecticut or New York show later this week! God they're amazing! Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to go down to Georgia to see Prog Power III, POS and ZH are two of my favorite bands ever! Prog. Metal rules!!!!