Drum Loops

Painkiller87

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2004
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Does anyone know where i can find some Metal drum loops. I'm not using them for for any recording or anything. It would just really be great for practicing. I don't have a band or anything. Nobody wround here likes alot of Rock anyway. Any Feedback on this would greatly help. Thank you.

Laterz,
:worship: Will :worship:

TheDarkProject said:
I don't know of any, but I'm sure I could make some basic ones if you specified the BPM and general style you're after.

If you could that would be awesome. I'm looking for something prety fast paces. I really want to work on my speed. I recently worked my way into watching videos of guitarists like Paul Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen. Check out "Technical Difficulties" By Racer X (which Paul Gilbert is or was in, i'm not sure if he still is.). If you cant find it anywhere, let me know and i'll send it to you. Something similar to that would be awesome. very simple. once again, if you can, that would be awesome. If theres anything i can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Laterz,

TheDarkProject said:
Ok, I did a .wav of the syncopated bit at the start, based on a GuitarPro file I found (so I dunno if it's accurate). http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.sizer/techdiff1.wav

Let me know if that's any use to you, I'll do a couple more for other parts of the song (eg. the non-syncopated bit that follows the above, and the half-speed solo) when I get a chance.

Thats awesome man. Thats alot. If there anything I can do you for dont hesitate one second to ask. That sounds perfect and it loops together without a skip. I couldnt have possibly done that myself. As i said, andything you need, just ask. thanks alot man..

TheDarkProject said:
Here's the non-syncopated bit:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.sizer/techdiff2.wav

And here's a half-time bit for the solo:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.sizer/techdiff3.wav

Sorry if they're not 100% true to the record as I only have a MIDI file to work with! But hopefully they'll be good enough to play along to. Better than a metronome.

Happy to help.

hey thank.. i didnt expect you to even do that.. its awesome that you did.. many thanks to the kind deed.. when you asked for a style i just used that as an example i didnt think you would do that exact one.. lol. i'm not quite good enough to play that anywhere near full speed. i have speed but not technique. That was basicly the whole point of asking for something to see if i could build a bit more technique. And again, I thank you. Email me and Painkiller87@aol.com if you need anything.

Laterz,

The ORIGINAL South Of Heaven said:
It wouldn't be possible for you to upload those drum samples for me to use for fruity loops would it? :D I can't find ANYTHING worth using anywhere.

There are no programs out there with good drum samples. I've gone through a bunch of different demos and not one had anything good. Fruity Loops i admit is quite powerfull, but its mostly for transe and house music. Quite fun to mess with though.

Painkiller87 said:
There are no programs out there with good drum samples. I've gone through a bunch of different demos and not one had anything good. Fruity Loops i admit is quite powerfull, but its mostly for transe and house music. Quite fun to mess with though.
If you can get some good drum sounds for it, and aren't going to be using triplets, Fruity Loops works just fine lol. I don't like that you can't use triplets though :(