Ease the sphincter folks...

I have to check with the wife. We really dont wanna drive somewhere where we will feel the effects of the storm. Ive been through so bad ones here, and my parents lived through betsy and camille. Camille was a weak 5 and it DESTROYED the gulf coast...

SavaVIDude said:
:headbang:

I WILL BE THERE (FROM HOUSTON) CUM HELL OR HIGH WATER - AND IT LOOKS LIKE THERE WILL BE BOTH!! FUCK IVAN WE'RE COMING ANYWAY!!!!

CHRIS :loco:
Now that's a fucking METAL attitude! You guys from New Orleans need to quit whining and do something about it if you want to be there! Just change your flights to Wednesday, or drive. I have heard that some airlines are waiving their change fees to Atlanta for people that want to avoid the hurricane.

Guy

deathfalls said:
unfortunately, i'm not made of money.
I'm sorry you aren't coming and I don't know your financial situation so just ignore me :D

I know on Priceline you can sometimes rent cars for really cheap. I got one for $14/day unlimited mileage once. Of course the price depends on where you are renting it from. You could rent it one-way, and take your flight home on Sunday as expected. Just a suggestion.

I only say it because that's what I'm probably going to do if my flight gets cancelled. It will be a little more money and I'll miss the pre-show party, but hey at least I'll get there by the show Friday.

This was posted on weather.com a little while ago:

Hurricane Ivan appears to be keeping the northern Gulf Coast in its crosshairs. Residents from southeastern Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle should prepare for a powerful shot. Ivan is not expected to be a category five storm when it arrives, but still will be an extremely dangerous hurricane with sustained winds of perhaps 130 or 140 mph near its center. A hurricane watch remains posted from Morgan City, La., to St. Marks, Fla., and extends inland over southeast Alabama and southwest Georgia. Conditions along the north-central and northeastern Gulf Coast will deteriorate rapidly late tomorrow as Ivan approaches; landfall is anticipated early Thursday morning. Although the storm surge (which could be as high as 13 feet along the Alabama coast) will be maximized near and just east of Ivan's eye, damaging winds and rising water could extend eastward as far as Apalachee Bay in Florida. Even after Ivan swirls inland, heavy rain, damaging winds and tornadoes will plague much of Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi through the day Thursday and Thursday night. Thus, people in locations as far north as Birmingham and Atlanta should brace for damage, power outages and flooding.
http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/?from=tabset

I just saw this and it mentions Atlanta so I figured it's information some would want to read.

The poo is either gonna hit the fan or its not...nothing anyone here can do to change it. Constant worry and anxiety is just gonna give ya ulcers and heart problems. Things happen and you just have to roll with it or lose your mind to worry.

I hope everyone is able to make the show, but if not, that is the chance we take, when we buy tickets to a show months in advance, in another state. The weather and forces of nature are just beyond human control.

We all know that it's going to rain here this weekend. It won't be the first time that it's rained during ProgPower. The storm could turn out to be nothing, or it could turn out to be a disaster. Either way, wouldn't you agree that this is the best bunch of people to be caught in a storm with?

See you all at the show.

--Mike

Hey, I was supposed to be going to ProgPower this year, but I won't be able to make it. I live near New Orleans and with Ivan on the way my family has decided to evacuate to St. Louis.

High Speed Kurt and I were supposed to go together. He's off to Houston with some of his friends. So, no matter what ProgPower is just not a feasible option right now. I totally agree with the comments of going hell or high water, but I just don't have the reliable vehicle or extra bucks to go that route.

Wishmaster said:
We all know that it's going to rain here this weekend. It won't be the first time that it's rained during ProgPower. The storm could turn out to be nothing, or it could turn out to be a disaster. Either way, wouldn't you agree that this is the best bunch of people to be caught in a storm with?

See you all at the show.

--Mike

Good form ol' chap. With how many of us there are, and if we all banded together it couldn't take us all at once!

I'm one of those people who love the rain, and actually sleep better in thunderstorms.

-MetalRose

Psycho Mike said:
Hey, I was supposed to be going to ProgPower this year, but I won't be able to make it. I live near New Orleans and with Ivan on the way my family has decided to evacuate to St. Louis.

High Speed Kurt and I were supposed to go together. He's off to Houston with some of his friends. So, no matter what ProgPower is just not a feasible option right now. I totally agree with the comments of going hell or high water, but I just don't have the reliable vehicle or extra bucks to go that route.
same here, my flight has been cancelled, and i don't have a reliable vehicle or the extra money to rent one either (i checked into it...near $200, heh).

edit: AWESOME! just called the airline, only to find out friday's flights are cancelled too! plus, i asked about changing the departure airport to baton rouge, and they said those are cancelled as well. arghhhh dammit.

I live an hour southwest of Atlanta on the 'Bama/Ga. line.The biggest problem my wife and I face will be leaving our children home with no power. I feel pretty good about leaving my nine year old and my two year old with my two teens (17 & 18), along with check-ins from the grandparents, but not if the power is gone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it wasn't for the little ones, I'd find a way. Reckon they'll be a nice "family" atmosphere at the Fairfield?

High Speed Kurt said:
I have to check with the wife. We really dont wanna drive somewhere where we will feel the effects of the storm. Ive been through so bad ones here, and my parents lived through betsy and camille. Camille was a weak 5 and it DESTROYED the gulf coast...
You guys would be far better off heading to higher ground... and Atlanta is higher ground.

Shaye

Layla's Dad said:
I live an hour southwest of Atlanta on the 'Bama/Ga. line.The biggest problem my wife and I face will be leaving our children home with no power. I feel pretty good about leaving my nine year old and my two year old with my two teens (17 & 18), along with check-ins from the grandparents, but not if the power is gone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it wasn't for the little ones, I'd find a way. Reckon they'll be a nice "family" atmosphere at the Fairfield?
Surprisingly.... yes. :) Last year we were joined by a New Orleans Saints fan club in town for the game that weekend. They were pretty damn cool. The Fairfield employees are pretty nice, too. :)

--Mike