EDENBRIDGE: My Earth Dream

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
The newest release from Austria's Edenbridge, My Earth Dream, rules! Your thoughts on this new CD and the Edenbridge music catalog in general? Favorites? Hail! Edenbridge always sound consistently good to me, with a subtle evolution from one album to the next musically speaking, but the best thing about the band NEVER changes at all-Sabine's magnificent vocals! Hail! Edenbridge for PPUSA X!:worship:rock::kickass:

I like their very first release "Sunrise in Eden", everything else not so much. Every other album is without a better word meh, really uninspiring.

<<<< LOVE EDENBRIDGE! :headbang:

I've been talking about this album for months (since the artwork was released).

When I first listened to it I heard the intro track and I was thinking it was just going to be typical Edenbridge, but then the first full song kicks in and it's amazing. That second track is probably one of my favorites on the album. (I've mostly been listening to it in the car so I don't have all the track names , sorry.)

I also think Sabine's voice is more powerful on this album than any of the other stuff I've heard from Edenbridge, and I probably have about 6 or 7 of their other albums. She just keeps getting better IMO.

Edenbridge for PP (... or FotV :heh:)! :D

bEEN TRYING TO GET INTO THEM FOR YEARS. jUST CANNOT, TERRIBLE nIGHTWISH CLONE imo.

Wow...you could not be more wrong with this assessment. The only thing Nightwish and Edenbridge have in common is that they are fronted by a female.

I agree, Sunrise in Eden was a great debut album and I find myself going back to it quite often but their 2006 release The Grand Design is a strong effort...plus, any collaboration with Karl Groom of Threshold is all right by me...the cover of For Your Eyes Only (James Bond/Sheena Easton) is a tasty little nostalgic nugget too. :kickass:

They are NOT Nightwish clones. I really don't see where this comparison is coming from!

The comparison comes from people assuming every band with female vocals is a Nightwish clone, particularly if it's in that symphonic metal style.

I don't see how Edenbridge is a clone of Nightwish either. I would probably put them in the same sub-genre, but saying Edenbridge is a clone of Nightwish is like saying that Jorn is a clone of Whitesnake. In each instance I enjoy both bands and they do have similar styles, but I wouldn't consider one a clone of the other.

<<<< LOVE EDENBRIDGE! :headbang:

I've been talking about this album for months (since the artwork was released).

When I first listened to it I heard the intro track and I was thinking it was just going to be typical Edenbridge, but then the first full song kicks in and it's amazing. That second track is probably one of my favorites on the album. (I've mostly been listening to it in the car so I don't have all the track names , sorry.)

I also think Sabine's voice is more powerful on this album than any of the other stuff I've heard from Edenbridge, and I probably have about 6 or 7 of their other albums. She just keeps getting better IMO.

Edenbridge for PP (... or FotV :heh:)! :D
Totally agreed. I have all their albums and I think Sabine's vocals are improving with each new release!:headbang:

Wow...you could not be more wrong with this assessment. The only thing Nightwish and Edenbridge have in common is that they are fronted by a female.

I agree, Sunrise in Eden was a great debut album and I find myself going back to it quite often but their 2006 release The Grand Design is a strong effort...plus, any collaboration with Karl Groom of Threshold is all right by me...the cover of For Your Eyes Only (James Bond/Sheena Easton) is a tasty little nostalgic nugget too. :kickass:
Right on! I'd LOVE to see Edenbridge FINALLY tour North America in the next 12 months!:kickass:

The comparison comes from people assuming every band with female vocals is a Nightwish clone, particularly if it's in that symphonic metal style.

I don't see how Edenbridge is a clone of Nightwish either. I would probably put them in the same sub-genre, but saying Edenbridge is a clone of Nightwish is like saying that Jorn is a clone of Whitesnake. In each instance I enjoy both bands and they do have similar styles, but I wouldn't consider one a clone of the other.
Good analysis there!:headbang: