Eloy

Neoman

Aug 10, 2008
Thinking about getting some Eloy albums (don't own any), what are the best ones (top 3) to get?

Thinking about getting some Eloy albums (don't own any), what are the best ones (top 3) to get?

You might start with Reincarnation Live (2 cd) from Laser's Edge. The setlist looks great. Or Chronicles 1 and 2 (compilation).

All of their cds are very good. Hard to pick just two or three.

Try...
Ocean
Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes
Planets

Ocean 2 is great as well:D

Much like I was with Camel, I've been on the fence about Eloy for a long time. I heard some of Ocean and while I liked the music the vocals put me off at first. But after listening to some other songs off other albums now I'm really getting into them. :)

Just ordered the 4-slipcase albums pack (Inside, Floating, Power and the Passion, Dawn) as well as Ocean I & II and Silent Cries & Mighty Echoes. Will catch up on more in another order later.

A few years ago I started out with the latest one, Visionary which I liked, then bought Oceans and thought it was OK. Then I bought Planets and decided I love "Mid-Period" Eloy (also including Colours, Time To Turn, and my favorite Metromania). I think a Neo lover would definitely like those titles.