Emmure - Slave to the Game

I honestly vastly prefer this to speaker of the dead musically and mix wise. I'm really enjoying the ambiance and depth of this one as opposed to Speaker of the Dead which sounded cool but I felt it lacked depth which was definitely because of the song writing.

This band still hasn't made a good album since gallows...

^^^ probably because Joey understands that not ALL of his band needs to sound the same. I'm glad Joey is attempting to do something special and different with Emmure.
yeah don't get me wrong I love the production I was just surprised how much heavier the guitars sound, especially since Joey likes to use lower gain for a more tight and controlled distortion rather than the all out gain on Slave to the Game and Speaker of the Dead. I don't know which type of Joey production I like more :headbang:

I set the vid to start at 56 sec where the thing I'm talking about is. it's that weird harmonic sounding thing. I'm fairly sure it's just something that happened and then copy pasted thru the section with some stuff automated on it but Jesse does 'that' sound on GTTG too so I dunno how or what he's doing lol