EoS-Cryptic Question

mattcira

The Eighth Enocian Key
I reviewed Cryptic for a magazine when I was in college, so I don't have the CD case/booklet. All BlackMark gave me was the cd itself and a photocopy of the album cover.

I was listening today and wondering if anyone could tell me what info is in the liner notes... like where it was recorded, who produced/engineered/mixed... etc.

Thanks in advance.

Recorded and mixed by Rony Lahti, Augst 1997, at soundtrade studios Sweden. Produced by Rony Lahty and Edge of Sanity. Mastering: Peter in de Betou, Cutting Room.
Photo by Susan Nerberg and Ajejandro Palavevino. Cover motif: Martin Ahx.

All lyrics are written by Dread, music by EOS. This is whats on the booklet:Spin:

mattcira said:
I reviewed Cryptic for a magazine when I was in college, so I don't have the CD case/booklet. All BlackMark gave me was the cd itself and a photocopy of the album cover.

I was listening today and wondering if anyone could tell me what info is in the liner notes... like where it was recorded, who produced/engineered/mixed... etc.

Thanks in advance.

Haha you listened to Cryptic... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! :) Just kidding. That was a pretty bad album.

Naglfar said:
Haha you listened to Cryptic... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! :) Just kidding. That was a pretty bad album.

Yes, I listen to Cryptic. It's not bad at all. Since you are entitled to your own opinion, I'll just leave it at this, it is what it is... a simple, stripped down angry metal album. It reminds me a lot of early 90s stomp metal like old Helmet and Stompbox (perfect band name).

I really did like the album a lot when I first heard it and didn't really listen to it much because it "wasn't Dan". I kinda "rediscovered" this album while ripping my CD collection to MP3s...
Its kinda cool to compare EoS without Dan (Cryptic) and Dan without EoS (Crimson 2) to see the two contrastly.

Hertog said:
Recorded and mixed by Rony Lahti, Augst 1997, at soundtrade studios Sweden. Produced by Rony Lahty and Edge of Sanity. Mastering: Peter in de Betou, Cutting Room.
Photo by Susan Nerberg and Ajejandro Palavevino. Cover motif: Martin Ahx.

All lyrics are written by Dread, music by EOS. This is whats on the booklet:Spin:

Thanks for the info... 'preciate it!

mattcira said:
Yes, I listen to Cryptic. It's not bad at all. Since you are entitled to your own opinion, I'll just leave it at this, it is what it is... a simple, stripped down angry metal album. It reminds me a lot of early 90s stomp metal like old Helmet and Stompbox (perfect band name).

I really did like the album a lot when I first heard it and didn't really listen to it much because it "wasn't Dan". I kinda "rediscovered" this album while ripping my CD collection to MP3s...
Its kinda cool to compare EoS without Dan (Cryptic) and Dan without EoS (Crimson 2) to see the two contrastly.

Hmm I do disagree though, not because I think it was bad because Dan wasn't on it though (you didn't imply that I was suggesting so, just putting it out there so there's no doubt), but because I thought the production and songwriting on that album was not very good. I also did not like the vocalist very much. Demon I was my favorite song on it, but I think the sound on that album is not up to par. It was disappointing to me, because I did like some of Axelsson songwriting on Infernal, and his guitar playing in general.

You're right though, it does sound like some early 1990s metal. But I think that earlier stuff like Helmet, or even Nailbomb (god, what a great 2 album run), has a bit more charm to it. Cryptic felt like a bit of an anachronism to me.