EPICA beg Harv to bring them to the USA !

Well... not really, but instead of being yet another "idea guy" stuck in Glenn's craw... I thought I'd just post this segment of an interview with Mark Jansen. Sam Grant conducted the interview for SC.

Mark: We really want to play everywhere, even South Africa. If we get an offer to play in South Africa, we’ll fly to South Africa, but the country I really want to play is Brazil, it’s been a wish of mine from my youth. Also Chile. It seems that people really go crazy over there. Already they go crazy in Brazil, but in Chile it’s amazing.

Sam: What about America? Have you any interest in playing over there?

Mark: America itself?

Yves: The United States!

Sam: Sorry, I should say the United States of America. I have a friend who’s Mexican and apparently over there you have to specify the United States because you insult people who are from South America. So yes, the United States.

Mark: Well, if we got an offer from the United States then we would want to play there. ...

http://www.soniccathedral.com/int_epica.htm

Sonic Cathedral said:
Well... not really, but instead of being yet another "idea guy" stuck in Glenn's craw... I thought I'd just post this segment of an interview with Mark Jansen. Sam Grant conducted the interview for SC.

Mark: We really want to play everywhere, even South Africa. If we get an offer to play in South Africa, we’ll fly to South Africa, but the country I really want to play is Brazil, it’s been a wish of mine from my youth. Also Chile. It seems that people really go crazy over there. Already they go crazy in Brazil, but in Chile it’s amazing.

Sam: What about America? Have you any interest in playing over there?

Mark: America itself?

Yves: The United States!

Sam: Sorry, I should say the United States of America. I have a friend who’s Mexican and apparently over there you have to specify the United States because you insult people who are from South America. So yes, the United States.

Mark: Well, if we got an offer from the United States then we would want to play there. ...

http://www.soniccathedral.com/int_epica.htm
Man, that would be incredible!!!! I love that band, and I think they would kill at Prog Power!!!

It does actually get people from Latin America kinda aggravated, cause you all know that America is the continent... I am not North American (I'm Brazillian), and I respect the United States just as much as I respect my country, though I think it's pretty fucking cocky calling your country America. No offense to anyone, but I'm not the only one that thinks it's just senseless, not to say, stupid.

I am looking forward to seeing them this coming Saturday. I have heard some very good things about them as a live band...hope they'll deliver a good show. OPening acts will be Visions of Atlantis and Lullacry.