Evergrey Picks up Kainulainen

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Here is the news off Blabbermouth that Evergrey picked up the former Stratovarius bassist:

Swedish metallers EVERGREY have announced the addition of former STRATOVARIUS bassist Jari Kainulainen.

Comments EVERGREY mainman Tom S. Englund: "We are extremely happy that we have found the perfect bass player. Jari came to Gothenburg for a rehearsal a few weeks ago. Afterwards me and Henrik [Danhage] talked and we both we got goosebumps. We ímmediately knew that Jari was the right guy for us. We are so much looking forward to the coming months of recording and playing and it honestly feels like a fresh start and the injection I think we needed."

Says Jari Kainulainen: "When I heard that EVERGREY was searching for a new bass player, I immediately contacted Tom to let him know that I was extremely interested! Then they asked me to come and audition for them. I can’t even start to explain how nervous I was. But everything just matched, and sounded great! And before we knew it we were all shit faced and celebrating the Scandinavian way! See you on the gigs!"

Jari will make his live debut with the band at Fosen Rock festival in Fosen, Norway (where EVERGREY are headlining) on August 25.

EVERGREY is currently seeking a new label home after splitting with Inside Out Music following the release of "Monday Morning Apocalypse".

Peace,
Ray C.

I am very much looking forward to the next album. I think I am in the minority when I say that I really liked the last one.

I am very much looking forward to the next album. I think I am in the minority when I say that I really liked the last one.

Yeah, at least for me. Evergrey is one my top 5 favoite bands but I loathed MMA. I don't expect a band not to evolve and change but I thought MMA lacked everything that makes Evergrey great.

He was a fill-in.. I think he is still with Hammerfall...?

If I remember correctly, he was put in as their bassist. He had not been with Hammerfall since Legacy Of Kings, however at some point after PPUSA last year he announced he was leaving EG but would still fill in the live shows that were already scheduled. He then returned to Hammerfall. I had almost forgotten they were still looking for a bassist. I miss Mike's skirt the most though.

All that said, I think Jari is the perfect guy for the job.

If I remember correctly, he was put in as their bassist. He had not been with Hammerfall since Legacy Of Kings, however at some point after PPUSA last year he announced he was leaving EG but would still fill in the live shows that were already scheduled. He then returned to Hammerfall. I had almost forgotten they were still looking for a bassist. I miss Mike's skirt the most though.

All that said, I think Jari is the perfect guy for the job.

ok that makes much more sense to me. I guess I am not keeping up with the band.

This seems like a really weird move to me, considering Jari's reason for quitting Strato was their heavy touring schedule. Evergrey aren't exactly a local band or whatever, so I guess there was more to his split with Stratovarius than they let on. Anyways, he's a great player and I look forward to seeing/hearing him with Evergrey.

This seems like a really weird move to me, considering Jari's reason for quitting Strato was their heavy touring schedule. Evergrey aren't exactly a local band or whatever, so I guess there was more to his split with Stratovarius than they let on. Anyways, he's a great player and I look forward to seeing/hearing him with Evergrey.

The back story was he was tired of Tolkki.

Here is the news off Blabbermouth that Evergrey picked up the former Stratovarius bassist:

Swedish metallers EVERGREY have announced the addition of former STRATOVARIUS bassist Jari Kainulainen.

Comments EVERGREY mainman Tom S. Englund: "We are extremely happy that we have found the perfect bass player. Jari came to Gothenburg for a rehearsal a few weeks ago. Afterwards me and Henrik [Danhage] talked and we both we got goosebumps. We ímmediately knew that Jari was the right guy for us. We are so much looking forward to the coming months of recording and playing and it honestly feels like a fresh start and the injection I think we needed."

Says Jari Kainulainen: "When I heard that EVERGREY was searching for a new bass player, I immediately contacted Tom to let him know that I was extremely interested! Then they asked me to come and audition for them. I can’t even start to explain how nervous I was. But everything just matched, and sounded great! And before we knew it we were all shit faced and celebrating the Scandinavian way! See you on the gigs!"

Jari will make his live debut with the band at Fosen Rock festival in Fosen, Norway (where EVERGREY are headlining) on August 25.

EVERGREY is currently seeking a new label home after splitting with Inside Out Music following the release of "Monday Morning Apocalypse".

Peace,
Ray C.
Who didn't see this one coming? I like it, actually. Jari is an excellent bassist. I will miss Mikey forever, though.