Evergrey show at the Masquerade?

Kim K

Aug 27, 2004
Lilburn, GA
I got my monthly email regarding shows at the Masquerade and I noticed they had the Evergrey show on May 29th listed. I was wondering if I missed an announcement about this show. Will our tickets for the cancelled show at the Local still be accepted for this show?

Kim

iiiiinteresting.

*patiently waiting on news.

how does that confusion taste, btw? might have to get me some of that.

Not this show.

Ah, ok. The guy from the Masquerade had posted on the Atlanta Metal Board wondering how many people were interested in a Evergrey/Firewind show, so I had assumed that was the case.

Edit: Just checked that thread and he said it would be for the fall. So I guess they're planning a tour for then?

Ah, ok. The guy from the Masquerade had posted on the Atlanta Metal Board wondering how many people were interested in a Evergrey/Firewind show, so I had assumed that was the case.

Edit: Just checked that thread and he said it would be for the fall. So I guess they're planning a tour for then?

Funny that that out of touch bloke would post there. And anyhow, Firewind was a big hit last time at the Masq. Evergrey will draw 200 at the Masq if properly promoted (they'd draw more at Masq than the Local, because of signs at other largely attended Masq shows promoting the concert),

I got my monthly email regarding shows at the Masquerade and I noticed they had the Evergrey show on May 29th listed. I was wondering if I missed an announcement about this show. Will our tickets for the cancelled show at the Local still be accepted for this show?

Kim

ha! I got the same email this morning and was wondering the same thing...:erk:

ok...

we had decided to move the Evergrey show (featuring A Lower Deep) to the Masquerade from The Local Venue to make it more accessible to the all ages bracket. We've also added one more band to the bill: the returning Worlds End - a young energetic, powerful, thrashy metal band with influences ranging from Pantera to BLS.

Tickets bought for the Local venue show for either date of Mar 12th or the postponed May 29th will be honored by the Masquerade. No need to ask for refunds just to turn around and lose money through TicketMaster. ;)

Those who have yet to purchase tickets can still do so through Ticket Alternative or else wait until the night of the show and pay at the Masquerade. I believe they are putting advanced tickets on sale through TicketMaster as well.

Sorry for all the confusion, but we are doing this at the behest of all involved. Evergrey wants to play for as many people as possible, and the 18+ limit at The Local Venue was becoming unappealing the closer we got to the date.

So come on out and have a great time Friday night May 29th at The Masquerade. Then hang with the bands after the performance and PARTY ON!!!

:kickass:

I seriously doubt I'll be able to make this show or the Testament show the following evening, much as I'd dearly love to. Have fun, though, y'all!

I can't seem to get into World's End. Maybe they bring it live.

they are definitely a 'live' band. And they are one of the first bands I worked with around Atlanta before their untimely demise two years ago. But now the original members have reformed and I am proud to showcase them once again.

Michael - you liked EBS, right? and you liked Tetrarch, right? Well both of those bands followed in the footsteps of Worlds End. So trust me when I say they tear the roof off live! :kickass:

they are definitely a 'live' band. And they are one of the first bands I worked with around Atlanta before their untimely demise two years ago. But now the original members have reformed and I am proud to showcase them once again.

Michael - you liked EBS, right? and you liked Tetrarch, right? Well both of those bands followed in the footsteps of Worlds End. So trust me when I say they tear the roof off live! :kickass:
Man, I sure do wish I could go to that show now!:headbang::kickass:

Ah, well, it's about six of one and half a dozen of the other to me... the distance is the same, a little more traffic, but... *shrug* Another excuse to have dinner at the Vortex is always cool by me. :) However, I don't look forward to sweating balls. :p Maybe it'll be a relatively cool day, though. A girl can dream! :loco:

Shaye

Ah, well, it's about six of one and half a dozen of the other to me... the distance is the same, a little more traffic, but... *shrug* Another excuse to have dinner at the Vortex is always cool by me. :) However, I don't look forward to sweating balls. :p Maybe it'll be a relatively cool day, though. A girl can dream! :loco:

Shaye

YEAH, RIGHT?! I highly doubt it @ The Masquerade! HOPEFULLY they will turn on the ceiling fans, which are MOST of the times I've been there (which is a whole lot since 1988!) Never ever turned on, even in 90-100 degree weather outside! :p Hoyt, I promise you & to all of y'all here, I'm not complaining about the venue change, I totally understand. I'm just saying. Still very much looking forward to this show!!! :headbang:
Sorry bout my general masquerade whining & bitchin. :lol: