EverTune Bridge

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
I just got my latest copy of Guitar Player magazine and one of the items that they reviewed this month was the new EverTune Bridge (not really new, was released last year) - a replacement bridge (requires routing for installation of all guitars), that "promises" to never go out of tune. While I'm sure we have heard these things before, it appears to be a pretty interesting take on the most common complaint that guitarist have about their instrument.

F-Bridge-Overview.jpg

Links to various stories about the EverTune Bridge (it seems that the scientific/engineering journals and magazines have even taken notice): http://evertune.com/news.html#a1

Guitar Player Video: http://bcove.me/ng99qyrp

Pretty cool in my humble opinion.

Seems like a great idea, but do they have 7 and 8 string models?

Also, how many guitar techs out there will be able to install this properly?

Holy shit, this looks fucking spectacular. No more picking the low E completely out of tune, and it looks like you can make it respond like a normal "giving" axe if you want.

+1 This would be amazing for recording guitarists with suspect technique - have it in "Sweet Spot" mode for recording rhythm parts so the guitarist does not choke/push notes flat or sharp and then for recording solos put it in the mode that allows bending. I think this really is something that could see a lot of action specifically in studio situations.

But nothing for 8 strings?!?!

This is discrimination, plain and simple! :mad:

Also looks like it's going to cost between $500-$600 too. Guess you better really like the guitar you're getting it installed on.

But nothing for 8 strings?!?!

This is discrimination, plain and simple! :mad:

I'm pretty sure with the "custom" statement around 7 strings that they would be happy to make you an 8 string model but expect the "custom" price to be quite high. :) The base 6 string model is $330 list and then add on the install cost of a professional luthier installing it - definitely not something you toss on a $500 dollar guitar :rolleyes:

I saw this in Popular Science when they featured it in the recording issue. The returns are honestly so diminished that I don't view if as very useful at all.

The possible advantages are,
-Guitar always stays in tune
-Could help less practiced guitarists play in tune better

But at what cost? Who knows what "sound" the bridge has? Also, it requires a lot of routing. To say nothing of the actual expense of the unit.

To put it bluntly, for a player that has quality guitars, knows how to maintain his guitars, and is a proficient player the evertune is really just addressing a problem that doesn't exist. Unless if you really hate doing regular maintenance (setups) or hate messing with tuning keys/fine tuners :lol:

the evertune is really just addressing a problem that doesn't exist.

Obviously you've never tried to quad track guitars while using odd chord voicings or recording a player with not so great technique.

There is a huge problem and this does address it, but I honestly find it's uses to be primarily in the studio, where I would take "in tune" over "tone that's a bit punchier/snappier". I don't think I'd bother live unless it really had zero effect on the tone/string response.

I think that this sucks!!!

Ok… not at all, but the idea of keep in tune forever i cool.
but, where is the string expresivity? If it's always at the same tension all minimal "out of tune" signs that you could do intentionally will be deleted by this system. Ok cool you can adjust the string tension to the max of this machine, but ones the string looses little bit of tension you'll loose again expresivity sounds…

by the way, it's great for those who had a bad push on strings or for plain rythm guitars…
forget this to do soloing!!