EverTune Bridge

Bending with this=flat note. lol

Joke aside, I don't think it works very well and if it does because it's digitally controlled, I think it's quite cheap.

Just got a PM from them. They said they'll produce an 8 string model as soon as they have a 100 pre-orders or someone ponies up $1500 for a prototype.

Joke aside, I don't think it works very well and if it does because it's digitally controlled, I think it's quite cheap.

Digital? This is an entirely mechanical device unlike those found on the "robot" guitars by Gibson. Are you confusing the products?

Mechanical? It may hold the tone for a little longer but won't keep in tune forever as it promises. I don't see how as it s a matter of the strings getting looser, not the bridge.

Mechanical? It may hold the tone for a little longer but won't keep in tune forever as it promises. I don't see how as it s a matter of the strings getting looser, not the bridge.

..and it compensates for the string getting looser, thats the entire point of the product. It's not like a floyd rose which attempts to "hold" it in tune, it actually "keeps" it in tune by keeping the same exact tension on the string, therefore the string will not get looser or tighter. Check out the site. :loco: The video with the guy doing heavy note bends and the note not changing is fucking silly cool.

Did you not check the device out AT ALL? :rolleyes:

Not the first time I admit it, then I checked it out, it was just simply skepticism. Sorry for putting this product mechanism and its reliability after some weeks into a reasonable question, rollingeyes.

It does say on the site that it will loose 5 cents after a week, OK, when the bridge is new. I'd like to hear reviews of owners who have it for more than some months to see if it really works as promised.

I simply stated that if it's mechanical, it would be controlled by some kind of springs that inevitable will loose tension at some point, right? And that video with heavy de-tuning looks like the perfect hell for fine tuning when the bridge is older and you need to eventually adjust it.

Forever is a nice word but let me disagree and beware of advertising.

. I'd like to hear reviews of owners who have it for more than some months to see if it really works as promised.

ng.

Hi,
Ive had a prototype for almost a year, and its everything it claims to be.

its not for everyone.
its not for people with museum quality collector type of guitars, as you have to route the guitar.

I was nervous to send out any of my main guitars as I wasnt totally sure how it would affect the tone and performance of the guitar. So they put one on a ESP / gibson type guitar. After a day with it, all of those concerns went away.

Im sending my two main guitars to get done this week.

If you want or need ultimate performance out of an instrument, I highly recommend it.

Especially in recording scenarios, where youre layering many passes, its SUCH a relief not having to worry about being in with the previous take, and just focus on getting great takes.

again, not for everyone, but it DOES everything they claim.

best,
Sean

Thanks for the comment but you'll understand it's not very trustworthy being the 1st post here and agree with me that the tone you used is a little like, if you were the owner of the company. Or at least, sounds to me like if you were working for them.

I'm not saying you are, just sounds like. Welcome to the forum, anyway! and good luck with the company. Ups.

Thanks for the comment but you'll understand it's not very trustworthy being the 1st post here and agree with me that the tone you used is a little like, if you were the owner of the company. Or at least, sounds to me like if you were working for them.

I'm not saying you are, just sounds like. Welcome to the forum, anyway! and good luck with the company. Ups.

Hi,
I dont work Evertune, or Lexicon, or any other companies whose products I endorse.
I produce records for a living.
Just saw that someone here wanted some first hand info on the bridge. I thought I might answer any questions that poster had.
Ive used it on 4 records, and its changed the way I can work.

You dont have to believe me, but if you truly want to forget about being in tune, you need to try one out.

FWIW, 3 of the guitarist whos records I used the Evertune guitar on, have ordered bridges.

all the best,
Sean

Sean,
Doesn't in mess with vibrato and such on non-straight rhythm parts? That would be my main concern--potential limitations. The longevity doesn't seem like a huge deal as you have to replace parts with any bridge that have moving parts anyway.
Thanks.

Sean,
Doesn't in mess with vibrato and such on non-straight rhythm parts? That would be my main concern--potential limitations. The longevity doesn't seem like a huge deal as you have to replace parts with any bridge that have moving parts anyway.
Thanks.

Hey egan,
hmmm....
"mess" is a strong word.
If its a guitar youre intimately familiar with, you may notice a tiny change.

But as you know, any change in bridge, string gauge, action, fret job etc, is gonna change the response of the guitar.

But if you were to pick up one of my guitars, that you didnt know well, you wouldnt notice a difference.

heres a clip of a guy who is a pretty strong player with a pretty cool vibrato, he seems comfortable.

and heres a friend of mine who I first told about it, hes a little nuts, but fun:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPAX6juXCjM&feature=related[/ame]

like I said before, its a real fix, it may or may not be for you, but its worth checking out.

best,
Sean

Last edited by a moderator: