Exploding Ned Speaks

Exploding Ned

Sep 1, 2003
Southeastern U.S.
I have to say I am always amazed at Glenn's lineup, and this year is definately no exception. To actually see Therion, Manticora, Conception and Stratovarius in one weekend, next thing you know Glenn will resurrect Hendrix from the dead.
Anyway, peace to all and looking forward as always to the show. :worship:

Pellaz said:
It'll be good to see you there as always. Bring more shirts! :D

--Paul C. (and Derek T., visitatin' in Atl.)

p.s. why haven't you exploded yet?

I guess the worst thing about all of this is the six month wait right? Seriously it will be good to see youses as well, and yes I will bring more shirts. :cool:

BTW Mike, all that stuff you sold me last week rocks. Paul M. was happy with his albums as well.

Se7enChurches said:
unrelated to ProgPower, but do you still keep a booth at the Atlanta Record & CD show? I haven't made it out to that in a couple years...

Ryan

Yes I'll be there as usual. There's a new location for the Atlanta show, now at Marriott, I-75 exit Windy Hill Road, just north of I-285/I-75 interchange. You have to go behind the lobby of the motel to this goofy looky white quansett hut where the ballroom is now for the show. Next one is Sunday March 20, then May 22, then July 24. Hope you can make some of the events.

Exploding Ned said:
Yes I'll be there as usual. There's a new location for the Atlanta show, now at Marriott, I-75 exit Windy Hill Road, just north of I-285/I-75 interchange. You have to go behind the lobby of the motel to this goofy looky white quansett hut where the ballroom is now for the show. Next one is Sunday March 20, then May 22, then July 24. Hope you can make some of the events.

Are you going to be at BWBK again this year? Just wondered so I know if my husband has to take out a loan!!! :loco:

If Glenn will have me there I will definately be there, so yes I suppose now is the time to set a few aside for the show, since I plan on bringing alot more CDs, vinyl and shirts. Sorry, it's just what I do. :loco:

am_ash2 said:
Are you going to be at BWBK again this year? Just wondered so I know if my husband has to take out a loan!!! :loco:

Exploding Ned said:

I'll definitely go March 20th. that's really close to where i'm living right now.

Ryan

Exploding Ned said:
Yes I'll be there as usual. There's a new location for the Atlanta show, now at Marriott, I-75 exit Windy Hill Road, just north of I-285/I-75 interchange. You have to go behind the lobby of the motel to this goofy looky white quansett hut where the ballroom is now for the show.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. That does indeed sound kinda 'goofy.'

The Record Show folks seem to make a living (somehow) out of goofy decisions sometimes. :D

BTW, Ryan, good to see you yesterday (x2) at Book Nook. Strange weekend; whenever we turned around it seemed like another PPUSA attendee appeared before us (HeavenlyCall and co. at Tower Records, etc.) Prog and power-metal are becoming mainstream! We are legion! Tremble before us! ........errr, okay, maybe not. :tickled:

Yes the 'dim & dimmer' twins definately have their trademark. Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the first to work around dingalings right? :dopey:

Good to see the 'metal coalition' is taking over Atlanta. I'd had about enough of the 'hip hop posse' anyway. :Spin:

Pellaz said:

The Record Show folks seem to make a living (somehow) out of goofy decisions sometimes. :D

BTW, Ryan, good to see you yesterday (x2) at Book Nook. Strange weekend; whenever we turned around it seemed like another PPUSA attendee appeared before us (HeavenlyCall and co. at Tower Records, etc.) Prog and power-metal are becoming mainstream! We are legion! Tremble before us! ........errr, okay, maybe not. :tickled:

Pellaz said:

Yes...the revolution has begun!!!:headbang:

Exploding Ned said:
Yes the 'dim & dimmer' twins definately have their trademark. Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the first to work around dingalings right? :dopey:

Good to see the 'metal coalition' is taking over Atlanta. I'd had about enough of the 'hip hop posse' anyway. :Spin:

Ahhh, if only it were true. :yell:

Atlanta's music outlets, print media, reviewers, etc. are terrible. With a few notable exceptions, like WREKage (of course), UGA's metal show on WUOG, and Album 88's punk/metal show on Monday nights, this city is bereft of any metal now on the radio. The Atlanta Urinal-Constipa-- err, Journal-Constitution has no competent hard rock or metal reviewers, but they know their R&B and hip-hop, sho' 'nuff. And they'll be sure to run at least one article on Outkast or Usher every few days...I'm sure it's a statutory requirement there.

It's embarassing when, only 120 miles to the north, a small market like Chattanooga has better rock-radio, and more diverse music coverage in their paper: heck, how many cities in America had Orphaned Land's Mabool listed in a reviewer's Top 5 of 2004? :worship:

At least there is a bit of metal to be found in Atlanta. Believe me, you want NO METAL, come down here. Instead of 2 hrs. south of there it may as well be 500 miles east. This dump is full of zero imagination dingalings who love nascar and nothing else, except maybe Skoal :D But definately I understand your point. But as I've said before, at least metal is above ground a bit lately. I'm glad for that.

Pellaz said:
Ahhh, if only it were true. :yell:

Atlanta's music outlets, print media, reviewers, etc. are terrible. With a few notable exceptions, like WREKage (of course), UGA's metal show on WUOG, and Album 88's punk/metal show on Monday nights, this city is bereft of any metal now on the radio. The Atlanta Urinal-Constipa-- err, Journal-Constitution has no competent hard rock or metal reviewers, but they know their R&B and hip-hop, sho' 'nuff. And they'll be sure to run at least one article on Outkast or Usher every few days...I'm sure it's a statutory requirement there.

It's embarassing when, only 120 miles to the north, a small market like Chattanooga has better rock-radio, and more diverse music coverage in their paper: heck, how many cities in America had Orphaned Land's Mabool listed in a reviewer's Top 5 of 2004? :worship:

Pellaz said:

And hopefully this Friday, a review of the new Judas Priest album which also manages to sneak in a mention of Iced Earth.

Ruthven said:
And hopefully this Friday, a review of the new Judas Priest album which also manages to sneak in a mention of Iced Earth.

I wouldn't trade you for a dozen Shane Harrisons!*

-=-=-=-=-
* Shane's the closest thing the AJC has to a hard-rock music reviewer

One day my friend you will be an aged warrior like myself, and anything you say will be listened to by intrigued grasshoppers all across the kingdom. :Spin:

Nightmare1z said:
I wish I had this kind of power

"Nightmare1z speaks" and just use that to start every thread. :)

But I don't...:(