Female Fronted Bands

If you're following this thread, you might find

http://musicouch.com/genres/metal/metal-bands-with-female-singers/

of interest! :headbang:

Would I be regarded as a "show off" to say that I saw the original version of Renaissance with Jane and Keith Relf? Well, I'm telling you anyway!

Having said that, there is no doubt that Annie Haslam's voice was in every way superior to that of Jane. As for the Renaissance discs that Bob has listed that Ken does not have in stock, the only one that I think is a close to essential purchase is 'Tuscany' - and thus agree with Ken.

It's all very well being a "completist" - but you have to put up with some real crap for many bands as a consequence. Perhaps a good new thread would be to identify bands (with more than five genuine releases, not including compilations) all of whose output is at the very least "good". I am not going to be the one to start it.... :lol:

Paul....You must be older than dirt....or at least older than Bob:headbang:

Both these, I think, chrisg.....I'm a (very young) 61.

Your comment reminds me of the guy who was in a very smart restaurant and ordered coffee at the end of his meal. He took one sip of this and could do no more than spit it out. He called the waiter over... "Yes, sir?" "Waiter, this coffee tastes like soil". "And so it should sir; it was ground only half an hour ago!"

Have a great day folks!! :Smokin:

More people should read and wear band t-shirts.

This surprises me only because usually when bands (especially touring bands) talk about how they make a living, they say what little money they get comes from shirt sales. I figured they'd be one of the few things that actually sold well. Maybe that's more of a metal phenomenon though.

Shirts tend to sell when a new release by a band comes out. Once the album artwork changes, fans aren't that interested in the old designs.