Fifth Angel Reunion Plans Canceled

Thorn23TX

Marked By The Triangle
Jun 16, 2005
Dallas
This sucks. I would have loved to see/hear them play again.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66311

According to a posting on FifthAngel.net, the previously rumored plans by the Seattle metal band FIFTH ANGEL to reunite for some live shows later this year have apparently been scrapped. According to bassist John Macko, a couple of key members of the group preferred not to go forward with the live dates, causing the band to shelve reunion plans indefinitely.

In an interview conducted last summer, Macko and FIFTH ANGEL guitarist Kendall Bechtel had the following to say regarding the possibility of a reunion:

Bechtel: "I think it would be a blast, and if people are out there to receive it, I would be only too happy to deliver."

Macko: "I would love to do some shows, but I don't think Ted [Pilot, vocals] will ever do it. But I really do appreciate the folks out there that still enjoy the music. Regardless of what happened in the past … the bottom line is the music was great and that's all that really matters."

That does suck. I was actually listening to them on the way to work today. Would have been cool to see them again. Damn, I can't believe how long it's been.