Finnish Idol winner, Ari Koivunen Video

Pretty impressive considering it comes out of a television show that has any relation to our American Idol. Not the greatest quality of recording for the video obviously, but still sounds close enough to something along the lines of Stratovarius. OK, so it's not something as heavy as Slayer or even Iron Maiden, but it's definitely not the pop crap you hear over here.

Is that "Fuel for the Fire" that they show at the end of the video his single or a full album?

Pretty impressive considering it comes out of a television show that has any relation to our American Idol. Not the greatest quality of recording for the video obviously, but still sounds close enough to something along the lines of Stratovarius. OK, so it's not something as heavy as Slayer or even Iron Maiden, but it's definitely not the pop crap you hear over here.

Is that "Fuel for the Fire" that they show at the end of the video his single or a full album?

I agree! I was impressed with that. Granted, that was indeed not exactly the greatest quality video, but it gave me a good enough idea how it sounds. I may have to try to find a copy of his album, probably the only time in history that I actually cared about any album that came out of those types of shows.

It would be cool to see him singing for a future progpower band. Ari is absolutely amazing. I know he'll do great things, especially with a voice like that.

Somebody has uploaded the whole album on YouTube, here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lenochki
Sound quality is a little bit better too than in the clip recorded from the radio, not much though..
Losing My Insanity is by Tony Kakko, Angels Are Calling by Timo Tolkki and Our Beast by Marco Hietala.

Hello from Finland!
Nice to hear that you guys like Ari too. So I'll link you some new material which was taken in Tavastia club Helsinki few days ago. In these videos Ari and the band performs six songs, two covers (iron maiden wasted years and perfect strangers in which Ari plays the drums) and four songs from his album Fuel for the fire. By the way his album has been the number one album in Finland for eight weeks now! Sorry my bad english :Smug:
http://www.youtube.com/gueststarring

Actually I don't think anyone in this thread dislikes Ari. In fact, I'm in agreement with you about American Idle. Why can't our version of the show have decent talent like Ari?

It's definitely not a matter of the American Idol folks not having talent(well....in some cases perhaps), it's just a matter of someone like Ari having nowhere near a large enough market in America to have him on a TV show. Obviously most people 'round these parts (the forum here I mean) aren't going to dig someone like Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson regardless of their talent level just because of their genres.

As far as Ari goes....he's got potential but in terms of actual singing ability he still sounds a bit too amateur at times. With the right work he could definitely be something though.