FIREWIND "Frets of Fury" Headlining North American Tour

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=9894&IdCompany=2

"FIREWIND Announces Their “Frets of Fury” Headlining North American Fall Tour; Gus G. Comments On The Tour and Special VIP Ticketing Options

The Greek metallic powerhouse FIREWIND, led by the modern day guitar hero Gus G, is extremely excited to announce their first ever headlining North American tour, dubbed the “Frets of Fury.” This package (sponsored by ESP Guitars, BlackStar Amps and Guitar World) kicks off on Oct. 9th and features a wide array of metal's elite: Arsis, White Wizzard and Nightrage. This is easily one of the most diverse and exciting tours of the fall and stay tuned to www.facebook.com/firewindofficial over the coming weeks for the entire list of tourdates and VIP ticketing options.

Gus G. states: “We couldn’t be happier to announce our first full North American tour! It’s been over three years since FIREWIND toured from coast to coast across the U.S. and we’re coming back stronger than ever with a killer package. We put a lot of thought into who we wanted to go out with us and truly believe that each band on this bill brings something special to the table making this a very diverse line-up. However, shredding guitar driven metal remains the prominent feature across the board.

“In fact there’s more to it than just that, as this package is somewhat of a musical family tree. Not many people know this but Arsis’ guitarist James Malone and I went to Berklee together back in 1998. We had an instrumental band together for awhile, which later became FIREWIND. James is a kick ass shredder and I’m glad our bands are finally touring together.

“Also, most people don't know that I played in Nightrage for few years. I did two albums with them and their main-man Marios Iliopoulos is a phenomenal guitar player. He also filled in on bass for FIREWIND this year, when Petros was unable to tour.

Nightrage is one of my favorite bands and you definitely got to come down early to check them out. White Wizzard are currently making noise worldwide and they’re definitely a band to watch out for as well. We’re proud to have these great bands on board with us, making this such a high quality package for all metal fans.

“We will also offering special VIP ticketing options for each show on this tour that will allow you access into a private meet and greet with the band, a signed poster and limited edition laminate. See you out there this fall.” "

I'm out of the loop with this band, but is Apollo back to singing at the live shows?

Nightrage was pretty good when I saw them a few years ago. I had no idea they'd put out 2 albums since then. Has anyone heard their latest.

Their third album is great but it's more of a modern metal kind of thing with clean choruses and such. It's not a death metal record like the last 2 by any stretch. The last one is a return to their gothenburg style dm roots, but the songs are a bit unmemorable. Overall, nothing bad, and both discs are good, but not as great as the first 2.

I can't get any confirmation that Havok is or is not on this tour, but from the looks of things, it appears that they are no longer on it. The tour flyer doesn't have them on it, where as the local show flyer does, but the local show flyer was made weeks ago.

Well that blows. How do you know no Phoenix date? They hadn't released the itinerary yet I thought?

Anthony is dating a friend of a friend, so I asked him what the deal was with a
Phoenix date. Figured I'd be able to get some shots done of Nightrage. Did you know he actually lives in Maricopa?

Anthony is dating a friend of a friend, so I asked him what the deal was with a
Phoenix date. Figured I'd be able to get some shots done of Nightrage. Did you know he actually lives in Maricopa?

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that he lived in AZ. Didn't know Maricopa though. Sucks about the no Phoenix date though. :bah:

Don't care about tours with no dates. How can I get excited about a tour when I have no idea if it will come close to me. Fuck people who live in NY, LA, Chicago. Of course you're getting it.

We'll see, but I doubt this one comes close to KC.