First Confirmed Dates for JOP/CIIC/Manticora U.S. tour

So, have I missed something, or is there STILL no NY/NJ date? Tell me this is somehow gonna happen. Hey I know the venues are a bitch to book, but have you thought of the Stone Pony? Looking good for mid-Oct.

:headbang: New York City and northern New Jersey fans rejoice! Just confirmed today:

This tour arrives Thursday, Oct 9th at The Haunt in Yonkers, NY

check the first post in this thread for a complete listing so far.

Two more dates/venues to nail down... o_O

:headbang: New York City and northern New Jersey fans rejoice! Just confirmed today:

Hm. That's roughly 3 hours for me. If you can't nail down a MA/RI date for me, I'll see about taking the trip. All depends on money and if I can get down there.

signs103.gif
... *nudges New York City fans*

am I the only one excited about landing this show in NYC? :err:

:p

With LEGENDS closing, a new venue has been confirmed for the Chicago date for Jon Oliva's Pain U.S. Tour 2008 with Circle II Circle & Manticora.

Two More dates for Jon Oliva's Pain U.S. Tour 2008 with Circle II Circle & Manticora to be announced soon. Stay tuned.

• Sat 09/20 - Bourbon Street - Tampa, FL (Jon Oliva's Pain & Circle II Circle only)
  • Sat 09/27 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA. - ProgPower USA IX (Jon Oliva's Pain only)
  • Mon 09/29 - Pop's - St Louis, MO.
  • Tue 09/30 - Chicago City Limits - Schaumburg, IL.
  • Thu 10/02 - The Intersection - Grand Rapids, MI.
  • Fri 10/03 - I-Rock - Detroit, MI.
  • Sat 10/04 - Agora Ballroom - Cleveland, OH.
  • Thu 10/09 - The Haunt - Yonkers NY
  • Fri 10/10 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA.
  • Sat 10/11 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC.

*Chicago City Limits Website ...and MySpace

**Wed 09/24 - The Vinyl - Atlanta, GA: Circle II Circle with special guests Midnight (acoustic set), and Eclipsed by Sanity
***Thu 09/25 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA : Helloween/Gamma Ray with special guests Manticora

With LEGENDS closing, a new venue has been confirmed for the Chicago date for Jon Oliva's Pain U.S. Tour 2008 with Circle II Circle & Manticora.

Two More dates for Jon Oliva's Pain U.S. Tour 2008 with Circle II Circle & Manticora to be announced soon. Stay tuned.

• Sat 09/20 - Bourbon Street - Tampa, FL (Jon Oliva's Pain & Circle II Circle only)
  • Sat 09/27 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA. - ProgPower USA IX (Jon Oliva's Pain only)
  • Mon 09/29 - Pop's - St Louis, MO.
  • Tue 09/30 - Chicago City Limits - Schaumburg, IL.
  • Thu 10/02 - The Intersection - Grand Rapids, MI.
  • Fri 10/03 - I-Rock - Detroit, MI.
  • Sat 10/04 - Agora Ballroom - Cleveland, OH.
  • Thu 10/09 - The Haunt - Yonkers NY
  • Fri 10/10 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA.
  • Sat 10/11 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC.

*Chicago City Limits Website ...and MySpace

**Wed 09/24 - The Vinyl - Atlanta, GA: Circle II Circle with special guests Midnight (acoustic set), and Eclipsed by Sanity
***Thu 09/25 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA : Helloween/Gamma Ray with special guests Manticora

Hoyt, bring this tour to the Orange Peel in Asheville, North Carolina! Iced Earth will be playing there on their tour as well. It's a fantastic venue.

~Brian~

I still can't believe this is going to be at The Intersection. That's absolutely amazing! It's really a milestone for good prog & power metal in Michigan. Before this, it was Evergrey at the Orbit Room and everything else to Detroit, if it hit Michigan at all. I wish I could be there to see all my friends' reactions :lol:

Just to let people know, that Haunt date is 21+. Keep the kiddies at home.

I still can't believe this is going to be at The Intersection. That's absolutely amazing! It's really a milestone for good prog & power metal in Michigan. Before this, it was Evergrey at the Orbit Room and everything else to Detroit, if it hit Michigan at all. I wish I could be there to see all my friends' reactions :lol:

The Promoter for this show is putting a lot on the line to bring it to the Intersection. So anyone within driving distance needs to be there for support. If I personally lived anywhere in that region I'd be hitting both Grand Rapids and Detroit back to back.

Tammy - please hit up all your old contacts there to help promote the Grand Rapids show. Because if the turnout is poor, it'll likely be the last show like this in that area for a while. :erk: We need to make a good impression so the Intersection will be happy to host (and $pon$or) more shows.

Hoyt, bring this tour to the Orange Peel in Asheville, North Carolina! Iced Earth will be playing there on their tour as well. It's a fantastic venue.

~Brian~

sorry bro, Raleigh is it this time around. If the Orange Peel had responded to me at all, it could have gone there instead. To the Orange Peel: "you snooze, you lose". :p

maybe next time. ;)

The Promoter for this show is putting a lot on the line to bring it to the Intersection. So anyone within driving distance needs to be there for support. If I personally lived anywhere in that region I'd be hitting both Grand Rapids and Detroit back to back.

Tammy - please hit up all your old contacts there to help promote the Grand Rapids show. Because if the turnout is poor, it'll likely be the last show like this in that area for a while. :erk: We need to make a good impression so the Intersection will be happy to host (and ) more shows.

Word. Already sent notice to the Dendura crew to bring out their fanclub crowd and make the night an official party (we'll see if that happens) and I'll spend some time over the next few days sending out notices to the old gang. GR has killer support for it's locals and for it's extreme metal, but hopefully it can love it's out of town prog & power metal too! It's a definite rarity and a really off-beat show for the 'Section to have. I really hope it goes well! :erk:

Detroit & GR back-to-back is definitely doable but we'll see how many make it happen! A 3-hour drive is nothing here in Texas, but it's kinda like pulling teeth in MI to get people to drive across the state. Maybe Bryan & the Justdefy gang will be able to put a caravan together or something. Those guys would know how to make a good party bus tour, especially if Manticora were along for the ride. I can just see it now! :lol: