food after the show?

Ballstorm

Metal Faith Believer
Jul 1, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Now that we have the Varsity to eat lunch. Is there a place to grab a bite to eat after the show in the wee hours of the morning?

The closer the better, since most of us won't have transportation and the Marta will be shut down.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide.

The little sub shop more or less next door stayed open real late last year, but I don't know if it will this year or not. beyond that, i think you basically have the BP and the Awful Waffle up on Northside (an exit or two up).

FWIW, I am bringing snacky food with me. :)

Everyone should plan accordingly. Yes, the sub shop stays open late. However, I do not believe they are open at 1:30/2:00am when the show is over each night. Nor are there any places within walking distance (and the Marta is closed).

As was the case last year, there is no food being served inside the venue.

Glenn H.

No food inside eh? :(
And we can't bring in food either...

So what are our options?

-Stuff ourselves before the show and hope our stomach doesn't start growling? hehe
-Make a run to the subshop between sets and lose a good front row spot?

Can't we at least be allowed to bring in protein bars or something?
:confused:

Why can't we bring in food this year ? I brought some at PP2...

Also, the FAQ says "Q: What about food/drinks?
A: Earthlink Live has several bars and beer gardens to take care of your thirst. Their in-house restaurant will also be open this year."

So is that correct or not? If the restaurant will be open, what kind of food do they have ?

If you got food into the venue, then more power to you. However, it is there rule, not mine. The renovations to the restaurant have not been completed. That FAQ was written 8 months ago and has not been updated. Sorry

I suggest eating a large meal before the show starts and then simply running up the street to the gyro shop between sets if you need something. Hell, put some crackers or protein bars in your pocket if necessary. I'm afraid that I have done everything to create the perfect show, but my hands are tied as far as food vending goes until I change venues (which is a possiblity next time).

Glenn H.

For those with transportation or money for a cab, here are a few suggestions:

Dunk 'n Dine

Open 24 hours; 4.2 miles from Earthlink

The Majestic

Open 24 hours; 5.2 miles from Earthlink

McDonalds @ 2350 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE

Open 24 hours; 4.1 miles from Earthlink

Krystal @ 626 14th Street

Open 24 hours; 1.7 miles from Earthlink

Waffle House @ 1700 Howell Mill Rd NW

Open 24 hours; 2.7 miles from Earthlink

Mexican??.....(I'm meeting someone there who is a fanatic like myself)....I did a search like 3 months ago online. I didn't get the chance last yr to try any of the cuisine since I only came for Saturday.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I recall seeing 3 or 4 places in close proximity of the venue.