FREAK KITCHEN: Cooking With Pagans

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
FREAK KITCHEN Announce 'Cooking With Pagans' For Release Sept. 16

Swedish trio Freak Kitchen are back with Cooking with Pagans, their eight and most frantic album to date. The band has always been a tremendously respected live act and for the first time the energetic live vibe of Freak Kitchen has been captured in the studio. With influences stretching from AC/DC to classical South Indian music the three norsemen, lead by guitar virtuoso Mattias IA Eklundh, truly have a sound of their own.

freakitchen-cookingwithpagans.jpg

Cooking with Pagans offer eleven intense original songs plus a sophisticated punk pop version of the 1936 hit Goody Goody like you never heard it before. Solid, inspired song writing (not to say playing) from start to finish.

Thanks to a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, bringing in almost $150,000, a very ambitious animated video, directed by legendary artist (and author of Blacksad) Juanjo Guarnido to the track Freak of the Week is in pain staking production by a world class team of animators. The video will premiere at Comic Con in New York in October.
Freak Kitchen will tour the world from November and the better part of 2015 to support their new release.

The band:
Mattias IA Eklundh, vocals, guitar
Christer Ortefors, bass, vocals
Bjorn Fryklund, drums

www.freakkitchen.com

Had the opportunity to hear the new album in it's entirety and it's awesome! Mathematics of defeat is good, but its the weakest tune on the disc IMO.

Anyone have a link to their version of Zappa's "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama"? I have a friend that loves Zappa and I'd like to send him a link to the Freak Kitchen version.

I've only heard maybe one or two songs ever from FK and really never paid attention before now. Not bad. I can tell it's not gonna be my thing but I can also see why so many people dig them. After a few youtube vids, they sound like a trippy yet melodic and catchy combination of Extreme, Joe Satriani, Zappa, Mr. Big and Primus. Did I even come close on that one? Sloppy did absolutely nothing for me, but I'm open to trying more from the new one.

Any chance of some Freak Kitchen shirts? Been wanting one for years and nobody brings any to the fest ever (including the band).