Fucking fuck I fucked my Iphone

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
So it crashed on me and wouldn´t turn on again, so the next day I went ahead to give it a good smacking... er... restoring. But when restoring, I didn´t notice it was going to be restored to the lastest 3.1.3 software which is not yet unlockable, and I have a Venezuelan Iphone unlocked and working with my Spanish provider. So after doing it and noticeing the fucking stupid thing I had just done, I ran to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 but it was too late. The 3.1.3 update updates the baseband to a newer version that can be jailbroken but not unlocked, at least not yet by any of the dudes who are constantly working on Iphone hacks. I tried fuzzyband to downgrade my baseband, but that only works on the early models sold in Septmeber 08 and mine was bought 3 months later than that and it doesn´t work.

So I magically turned my Iphone into a heavier Ipod Touch, no 3g connection, no phone. I was lucky enough that my father recently got a new BB from his provider so I snagged his old Blackberry Curve and put my Sim card in it so I can still make and recieve calls, but not only is this terrible machine so hard and awkward to understand and use for a person that´s been living for over a year inside an Iphone, but the stupidass fag ball is fucked and doesn´t turn right at all anymore. Plus I´m getting woken up at nights and annoyed every day by alarms for my diabetic father to take insulin and such other stuff :zombie:

I miss my Iphone.

This thread was just a depressed rant of a stupid fuck looking for some tech-love, plus if anybody has any tips on what I could do to get my Iphone unlocked again (google has only made me a sadder panda), and to take advantage of the BB because I know it´s a good piece of technology and I could still do with it most of the things I did with my Iphone. It´s just that, such a huge amount ok keys wasting space that could be used for a twice bigger screen to watch tv shows, read books, surf the web, and all other awesome I used to do with my now Ipoud touch :cry:

I have an iPhone so I get your feeling, if it was fucked it would be a pain because it's such a nice product of interactivity.

I don't understand the problem, when the firmware was set to 3.1.3, even if you get that you cannot hack it properly, why isn't it possible to just fucking re-install it as a brand-new iPhone (I mean : using it as a legit iPhone without any jailbreak) by restoring it ?

No, there´s no way, at least for now. I did jailbreak it again, and in fact I unlocked and it said "your phone is now unlocked" but it doesn´t work, doesn´t recognize my sim card. And that´s what it says on every corner of my google searches. I can still read e-books, play games and such, and I can even do all my internet stuff like check my facebook, read fmls, check Formula1.com check if the bus is near my stop, chat through pmessenger/whatsapp etc. but only on wifi, not on 3g anywhere in the street like I used to do, and I don´t even have wifi in my house so it sucks total balls.

I actually used to tether my 3g connection to create a wifi in my house through which my wife and I connected our laptops to get online (jailbroken Iphone magic)

Oh ok. So you have to wait somebody hacks the new version again ?

Anyway, I guess with jb iphone you should never update if :
1-you don't need to (that seems stupid, but when it works perfectly and there is no cool implementation, why updating ?)
2-you don't check if it works

No-one here knows that if you hold shift and click on "restore" it lets you restore from any ipsw on your harddrive? :loco:

I was just wondering . . .

Why is it OK to talk about hacking/cracking Iphone software but not audio software? I'm not trying to start shit, nor do I truly give a shit what you do to your iPhone. Just curious.

Why is the iPhone soft OK to hack but not audio soft in your eyes?

Not targeted at anyone. Just a general question.

^^ I was wondering that too, but I don't know if it's explicitly illegal to jailbreak since you're not installing original software without paying. It's just 3rd party apps I guess.

You do not understand what Jailbreaking is.

Jailbreaking does NOT == Pirate software.

Jailbreaking is simply removing apple's insane restrictions on what you place on the device you paid too damned much for instead of being allowed to decide what you need and what carrier you give your money to each month.

I, for example, have never installed a pirate app on my phone but Jailbreak so I can use on the carrier of my choosing, run *NIX apps (Nearly all of which are opensource) not available via appstore and get access to maaannny features years before apple decides to implement and pass off as their own (Package managers, backgrounding, theming, Filesystem access, SSH access, copy/paste...).

I paid a lot for my phone and I will do with it whatever the fuck I want, not what some self important fud who prefers tailoring computer systems to idiots (THE NEW iPOD! IT ONLY PLAYS IN RANDOM!... Nevermind that music players have done this for decades and gave you a choice about using it! No, we'll charge you 2x more to lose the ability to choose your own damned playlist) decides I do with my phone.

Nearly every single "NEW EXCITING" feature that apple passes off as their own since iPhoneOS Version 1.1.4 has been directly ripped from the jailbreak community (Appstore ==Installer, for example).
The jailbreak community is where TRUE innovation lies since developers are not charged 100$/year and forced to buy a mac to make apps that Apple will reject on a whim but can instead make awesome things that appstore would never allow.

Fuck you Jobbs, and fuck your popculture pissass mentality towards how real users choose to use the system you overcharged them for.

^^^ Well, you're not stealing any software by jailbreaking the iPhone. The AppStore Apps are still there, the free and the commercial ones. The Cydia Store is no alternative to the AppStore, it's more an addition. Basically plugins, that enhance the iPod's/iPhone's abilities.

can you down downgrade to 3.1.2 or is the the baseband fucked? if you can you could use the shift+restore method.

But is it legal? I was sad when I found out that I couldn't replace my legit waves plugs with the cracked ones. I just hate the iLock. Turns out it's illegal for me to do that. Although I personally feel I should be able to do that considering I payed an ass load for them.

I'm not exactly a shining sample of a legit person. I smoke weed. :heh:

I jailbroke my ipod touch today, 2nd most pointless thing I've done all day, after waking up this morning.

But is it legal? I was sad when I found out that I couldn't replace my legit waves plugs with the cracked ones. I just hate the iLock. Turns out it's illegal for me to do that. Although I personally feel I should be able to do that considering I payed an ass load for them.

I'm not exactly a shining sample of a legit person. I smoke weed. :heh:

It's not illegal to do it. Apple, in it's "Remove every thing except what we decide to let users have in order to make it as dumbass friendly as possible" approach it takes to it's product line tried to call it Illegal but it never stuck because and more a case of sour grapes than anything.

Not illegal, and an extra, Jailbreak DOES NOT allow you to use another carrier, that's what unlocking does. My iphone is jailbroken, but I can't unlock it anymore.

Jailbreaking is not pirating, in fact with a jailbroken Iphone you still pay for certain apps, I paid 2$ for an app to make the Iphone think it's on wifi when it's on 3g, and 10$ bucks for an app that creates a wifi hotspot out of my 3g connection.

Not illegal, and an extra, Jailbreak DOES NOT allow you to use another carrier, that's what unlocking does. My iphone is jailbroken, but I can't unlock it anymore.

Semantics! :lol:

On a flip, best thing that could ever happen!

Last edited by a moderator: