give me some harsh death

Opus(sy)2

Dead and dripping
Jul 8, 2002
South England
Visit site
ok ok i need some new bands to check out....give me some bandnames people.....i want technical death metal....but it also has to be nice and brutal......thanks

Hmm, I'm not sure if you would consider some of these bands "technical", but if you're interested in death metal, I'd check out Dying Fetus, Waco Jesus, Deeds of Flesh, Divine Empire, and if you don't mind a grind/death approach, Misery Index.

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
Hmm, I'm not sure if you would consider some of these bands "technical", but if you're interested in death metal, I'd check out Dying Fetus, Waco Jesus, Deeds of Flesh, Divine Empire, and if you don't mind a grind/death approach, Misery Index.

Interesting that your fave band is Stratovarius. That's not a criticism, I'm just applauding your diverse tastes. :)

I would recommend ANY album from the following TOP RATE BRUTAL and TECHNICAL Death Metal bands:

Suffocation
Iniquity
Sinister
Disgorge (US or MEX)
Cryptopsy
Malevolent Creation
Nile
Immolation
Severed Savior
Misery Index
Hate Eternal
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Exhumed

If that's not enough, I could list some more for you...

:devil:

Miasma's Changes album is an excellent slab of technical yet harsh death metal. Also Atrocity's Longing for Death is very technical but not that harsh.

Originally posted by xenophobe
I would recommend ANY album from the following TOP RATE BRUTAL and TECHNICAL Death Metal bands:

Suffocation
Iniquity
Sinister
Disgorge (US or MEX)
Cryptopsy
Malevolent Creation
Nile
Immolation
Severed Savior
Misery Index
Hate Eternal
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Exhumed

If that's not enough, I could list some more for you...

:devil:

cheers xenophobe....thats a lot....i know of some of them but if you have anymore i would greatly appreciate it if you could list them for me.

Blooobath - Breeding Death
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Vader - De Profundis
Krisiun - Conquerors of Armageddon
Vomitory - Blood Rapture
Centurian - Zar-Zax
Carpe Tenebrum - Dreaded Chaotic Reign
Defleshed - Fast Foward (Death Trash)
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Unleashed - Shadows in the Deep
Monstrosity - In Dark Purity
Blood Red Throne - Monument of Death
Bludgeon - Crucify the Priest
Dying Fetus - Destroy the opposition

and break your neck...

try Lykathea Aflame, awesome technical death/grind with a lot of atmosphere. Sounds like a combo of Cryptopsy during None so Vile and Nile style atmospherics, but then stronger and more entangled within the music.... Lykathea's only album to date is called "Elvenefris" and is, IMO, essential.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Interesting that your fave band is Stratovarius. That's not a criticism, I'm just applauding your diverse tastes. :)

Hah, I listen to everything from black metal to euro-pop (Im guessing that's what people call Radiohead-esque bands these days).

But, some bands that I forgot! Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (not necessarily death metal, but the influence is there), Vomitory, Cock and Ball Torture, Regurgitation, Hellwitch, Legion, and the newer Behemoth releases.

Originally posted by leper iffinity
cheers xenophobe....thats a lot....i know of some of them but if you have anymore i would greatly appreciate it if you could list them for me.

No problem, but may include gridcore and other genres that are similar to Technical or Melodic Death Metal....

Updated list:

Suffocation
Iniquity
Sinister
Disgorge (US or MEX)
Cryptopsy
Malevolent Creation
Nile
Immolation
Severed Savior
Misery Index
Hate Eternal
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Exhumed
-------------------
Vader
Witches (hard to find)
Goreguts
Diabolic
Vomitory
Cancer
Monstrosity
Dying Fetus
Sepultura
Possessed
Cynic
Pestilence
December
Amorphis
Misery Index
Disincarnate
Necrophagia
Soilent Green
Hateplow
Pig Destroyer
Impaled
Cephalic Carnage
Impaled Nazarene
Necropahia

Geez... now my brain hurts... :lol:

BTW, I've never been good at seperating specific genres, Technical Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, GrindCore.... etc...