Good thoughts and wishes to the Halcyon Way guys

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
I just found out that Halcyon Way's European tour with Stuck Mojo was canceled due to Jon Bodan's health. I found this article on BraveWords and wanted to share it with you folks, since Halcyon Way is a part of our community:

Atlanta-based metallers HALCYON WAY regrets to announce the cancellation of their upcoming European Tour with STUCK MOJO.

Guitarist Jon Bodan was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma, a form of cancer. After weeks of intense testing, it was the opinion of Jon’s doctors and everyone involved with the tour that the best course of action was for the band to not take part in the tour. This will allow Jon to quickly begin an aggressive treatment program.

All of the members of Halcyon Way would like to thank the fans and the members of FOZZY, Stuck Mojo and their management team for all of your support and understanding. We hope to make the trip to Europe in the near future! At this time, the band is looking forward to Jon’s speedy recovery and playing Florida Power Fest in December with BLIND GUARDIAN.

Halcyon Way recently released their sophomore album, Building The Towers, through Nightmare Records in North America on October 12th.

I just wanted to share my thoughts of well being and good wishes to Jon, his family and the rest of the Halcyon Way guys. Hang in there Jon, and things will get well. Best of luck, bro!!!

Get well soon, Jon. Our thought and prayers are with you.

This has been a VERY rough year on the health front for metal.

Well John boy, I think a lot of you and the boyz in HW. Stay strong, and do everything the docs say. You guys are great peeps, and you don't deserve this. Beat it man, I know you will.

BTW, does anyone know if this Lymphome is of the Non-Hodgkins type? I pray it is.

Shane :headbang:

Well John boy, I think a lot of you and the boyz in HW. Stay strong, and do everything the docs say. You guys are great peeps, and you don't deserve this. Beat it man, I know you will.

BTW, does anyone know if this Lymphome is of the Non-Hodgkins type? I pray it is.

Shane :headbang:

I don't know specifically, but I do know that Jon told me that they caught it early and thankfully it is a type that is treatable/curable. Hopefully this remains the case. First Christan and his meningitis, and now Jon and this. This year sucks for illness.

damn Jon, sorry to hear about this. I know you will have a speedy recovery from this, so keep your chin up and keep rocking. -Jonah

Very sorry to read this news as well... Jon, stay strong and fight the good fight my friend - you have many notes left to play!

Hey guys, really appreciate the kind words here. This has been a big shock as you can imagine, leave it to me to take the "PP crud" to a whole new level, haha.....it actually became symptomatic that weekend. I just thought it was a throat infection. I got confirmation today that it is a Large B cell lymphoma, this is a type of non-Hodgkins. There are actually dozens of different lymphomas. Anyway, I am in early stage 2, which is a good time to catch it. I have to do chemotherapy for about 4-5 months beginning Monday, and will go once every 3 weeks. I'll unfortunately have to pass the Mangina crown back to Dustin as my 9" goatee will probably be the first casualty of war. Looks like I'm gonna be going for the Crowbar look now, haha....

Definitely bummed about it, no one expects it to happen to them and then "bam!" but it's just another mountain to climb is the way I look at it. I have things i need to do so I gotta hurry up and beat it so I can get the t-shirt and move on!

If you like, add me on FB and we'll be posting updates and all that. Thanks again guys for all the thoughts and prayers....JB

My Prayers are with you Jon. I hope you will have a very speedy recovery. For those of yall who have never meet Jon is an awesome person. Best wishes to you and everyone else involved Halcyon Way.