Halcyon Way DESTROYS Gwinnett!!!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
come witness the destruction for yourself tonight at Sweetwater Bar & Grill in Gwinnett County as Halcyon Way vies for the number one spot in the Battle of the Bands known as the Sweetwater Showdown!!!

:kickass:

come out and show your support for local metal and one of your own ProgPower Pre-Show Party alumni! These guys have made me very proud over the last 10 months, improving with each and every time they step on stage. And they deserve to be noticed and taken to the top in the Atlanta metal scene. But they can't do it without your help! So come on out for a great night of live entertainment. I promise this will be the Halcyon Way show you won't soon forget - surprises abound! :heh:

We would love to be there but we have to stay home and watch the paint dry. Just kidding, we love you guys, really do wish we could be there. Kick some rears brothers!

I hate double posts.. so here's a kitty:

CUTE_KITTENS023.JPG

well they have until Sept 8th to rebuild Sweetwater Bar & Grill. :Smug: :headbang:

I told you people that Halcyon Way was going to destroy Gwinnett! And that they did! They truly Delivered the Suffering last night!

I'm proud of my boys for blasting their way through the competition and coming out of the smoking ruin as the winners of the first night of the Sweetwater Showdown. Congratulations guys! A well-deserved and hard fought victory! :worship:

HUZZAH!!! :kickass:

Next time, I want to see more of the ProgPower regs cheering on your 'house band'. Because the next level of competition will be tougher and meaner... and will bring more of their own fans. :ill: so everyone please rally behind Halcyon Way and show your support for true metal in the ATL! Who knows? afterwards you may be able to see Atlanta's finest bring their K-9 Unit into an IHOP to 'assist' an unconscious inebriated person out the door. :loco: crazy...

well they have until Sept 8th to rebuild Sweetwater Bar & Grill. :Smug: :headbang:

I told you people that Halcyon Way was going to destroy Gwinnett! And that they did! They truly Delivered the Suffering last night!

I'm proud of my boys for blasting their way through the competition and coming out of the smoking ruin as the winners of the first night of the Sweetwater Showdown. Congratulations guys! A well-deserved and hard fought victory! :worship:

HUZZAH!!! :kickass:

Next time, I want to see more of the ProgPower regs cheering on your 'house band'. Because the next level of competition will be tougher and meaner... and will bring more of their own fans. :ill: so everyone please rally behind Halcyon Way and show your support for true metal in the ATL! Who knows? afterwards you may be able to see Atlanta's finest bring their K-9 Unit into an IHOP to 'assist' an unconscious inebriated person out the door. :loco: crazy...

AWESOME!
:kickass:
Congrats to all the guys! Really wish I could be there for the next round. That's Sept. 8th? Maybe if I start biking now...

Who knows? afterwards you may be able to see Atlanta's finest bring their K-9 Unit into an IHOP to 'assist' an unconscious inebriated person out the door. :loco: crazy...
Ha, ha, ha, that might be worth the trip.

truemindframe said:
I hate double posts.. so here's a kitty:
That made my day. :dopey:

Halcyon Way won by four votes.

The lesson here? With margins that small, every fan, every vote, everyone counts.

Thank you very much. Everyone needs to come out to the shows and not have the attitude that "someone else can do it". The band we almost lost to? Will remain nameless but let's just say that they were a very bad band with very monotonous songs and no stage presence that happened to have a very large contingent of friends and family. We looked at each other before our set and said "it would really suck to lose this to that band, because we are far better than them". It was like Pearl Jam on muscle relaxants. ZZZ.

We really appreciate the people that made the effort to come out and see us. We try our best not to disappoint the people that do brave the ATL traffic and show their support.

Thank you very much. Everyone needs to come out to the shows and not have the attitude that "someone else can do it". The band we almost lost to? Will remain nameless but let's just say that they were a very bad band with very monotonous songs and no stage presence that happened to have a very large contingent of friends and family. We looked at each other before our set and said "it would really suck to lose this to that band, because we are far better than them". It was like Pearl Jam on muscle relaxants. ZZZ.

We really appreciate the people that made the effort to come out and see us. We try our best not to disappoint the people that do brave the ATL traffic and show their support.

This is why I think these contests are ridiculous. Its like pop music; whoever, has the most friends wins! Its just not about the music really.

Now what do you get if you win? Money, studio time, maybe something to put on a flier during label searches?

I'll try to come out or something to support, but just letting you know how much I detest contests that the winner is based on how many friends they can bring to the contest.

The lesson here? With margins that small, every fan, every vote, everyone counts.

But I know Bodan voted for himself over a hundred times and paid homeless people to come in and vote. There are even rumors that some of the absenttee ballots were from dead people.

This is why I think these contests are ridiculous. Its like pop music; whoever, has the most friends wins! Its just not about the music really.

Well, thankfully the next 2 rounds will be judged by real judges and will comprise 2/3 of the vote, so even if we're the least favorite audience vote and the top vote by both judges, we'll still have a chance to win. :headbang:

But still, we'd appreciate all the support we can get! Next show is on Sept 8, so you can save a nickel a day from now until then for gas money! :lol:

Now what do you get if you win? Money, studio time, maybe something to put on a flier during label searches?

I'll try to come out or something to support, but just letting you know how much I detest contests that the winner is based on how many friends they can bring to the contest.

Well of course it's not about the music, it's about getting people out to the shows and getting a show of support from the fans. If there's no one at the shows - the bands don't get booked because the clubs don't make money - and we might as well play World Of Warcraft instead of making music.

If it were about the music, prog bands would get more props.

Sweetwater is the most legit one in Atlanta, this is the 6th year they've done it. You get studio time, gear, and last year the winner opened for Godsmack at the Fox. So it's a big deal. They put it all over 96.1 - since they're a sponsor - and it gets a lot of attention.

I remember a while back when Sean scheduled a show on top of my previous band's battle of the bands competition, where we lost by 4 votes....wow amazing how that just turns around. :Smug:

Oh and to top it all off, Sean's gonna go have a birthday shindig on one of the Theocracy show dates. Imagine that :rolleyes:

haha j/k, Im glad you guys did well. I'll most likely be there to support you for the next round. Or maybe I'll get Matt to schedule us a show. :lol:

I remember a while back when Sean scheduled a show on top of my previous band's battle of the bands competition, where we lost by 4 votes....wow amazing how that just turns around. :Smug:

Oh and to top it all off, Sean's gonna go have a birthday shindig on one of the Theocracy show dates. Imagine that :rolleyes:

haha j/k, Im glad you guys did well. I'll most likely be there to support you for the next round. Or maybe I'll get Matt to schedule us a show. :lol:

Well, you know how it is. We were living the rockstar life those days. Cristal, strippers, lines of coke.

What's the Theocracy show date with his b-day? Hadn't heard about that. I thought the conflict was his coronation. You know, with the tiara. =)