Halloween - The Most Metal of Holidays

l_b90024f179604dd5bdcf43b1ce067a4c.jpg

Me as Alice Cooper and Kittybeast as ring master :)

HA! missed your post but keep the shirt handy- just scored 3 tix to Alice Cooper on my birthday!!!! 10/28 @ Nokia with Ace Frehley:headbang: Merry Xmas Pabla!!! I just might wear that costume!!! Remember Danzig on Halloween!!! RAWK!!

GREAT thread topic, and nice pics. GREAT thread topic, and nice pics. My wife and I love Halloween. Heck, its the only holiday I celebrate. We usually have a big themed party every year, and costumes are mandatory. I always hated Halloween parties at which people showed up in a mask, wore it for 10 minutes and then took them off, making it a regular party. We have themes, give out prizes, etc. When we don't have a party, we travel to some Halloween related event. Usually it's Universal Studios' awesome Halloween Horror nights. This year it's Key West for Fantasy Fest.

When I'm not on my BlackBerry, I'll have some pics of us from years past.

Steve in Philly

Alicia2.jpg

This is from Halloween of 2007. I still haven't developed any pics from last Halloween because I am queen of the procrastinators! No idea yet what I'll be for Halloween this year either.

A few pics from our Halloween parties over the years, and the theme of the party:

Grim Fairy Tales:

2003_Fairy_Tales.jpg

The movies. I was a director, and my wife was Carrie:

2004_Movies.jpg

The theme was underground. I was a miner buried alive. My wife was a corpse bride.

2007HalloweenUnderground_Miner.jpg

2007HalloweenUnderground_DeadBride.jpg

Finally, the theme was Rough Seas. No self respecting Iron Maiden fan should fail to guess this outfit.

2005_Rough_Seas.jpg

And, not dressed up, but in Universal Studios for Halloween:

20061026_2006Oct25-28Florida_1699Sm.jpg

Steve in Philly

Wow! I love your ancient mariner costume, it's a killer ;)

I am thinking of doing "catwoman" this year, we'll see

I need a good costume idea. A number of the people at the party I'll be going to don't really know me. So I'd rather leave my face exposed (which destroys most of the ideas I've had). I'm mostly out of ideas. I thought of going as Shaun (Shaun of the Dead), but I don't look anything like him, so that doesn't really work....

Most of my other ideas are too obscure for people at this party to even get, so no point...

Go as yourself. Dress in one of your typical outfits, with the addition of some gloves that are the same basic color as your skin, which you c an draw fingernails onto. Shave your head, then put on a thrift-store wig that is almost exactly the same color/length/style as the hair you just shaved off. Take a picture of your face, and print it out a bit bigger than life-size. Using glue, scissors, cardboard, and some elastic, make the picture into it into a cheesy mask to complete the ensemble.

Perfect!

I was Alice (in wonderland) last year (kittybeast has posted the pictures). This year not sure just found out that the costume I wanted is already sold out but still on the search.

This years costume is completed. Wearing it at work right now and it's quite a hit.

584720df.jpg

"I've found a baby before.... at the Coffee Bean."

5d7736a1.jpg

I got invited to a costume party so I'll be dressing up for the first time since I was 12 years old (That was 12 years ago!). I had the perfect idea for a costume. Almost every single time I tell someone I'm a metal fan they give me a strange look and say something to the effect of "You don't look like someone that listens to metal." So, I asked someone to describe what they think a "metal fan" looks like. I took her mental vision and I've turned it into a costume. I'm going as a stereotype, yay! Expect pictures soon!