Has Angra changed for the better?

powermetalmaniac

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
I have enjoyed Angra for sometime now. And although I don't have all their albums (The ones I have: Angels cry, Holyland)I was, like most Angra fans, disappointed that the band had broken up. However I must say that I feel the new Angra album (Rebirth) is their best to date. Every song on that album is great which has never been the case when I?ve had an Angra album. Although I enjoyed a majority of the songs I did not like them all . Although the break up was unfortunate I was wondering what peoples thoughts were and if they feel like I do that the change was for the better.

I've only got Rebirth and I have to say, I am astounded. This is just an incredible album. Angra seem to be able to create immense fusion with all these varied styles - I can't imagine ever getting 'bored' with Rebirth.

Thing is, I'm a little hesitant to get any of their other stuff because of the different line ups etc. I read lots of reviews that mentioned that the new singer is much better than their last which makes me question whether it's worth getting anything pre-Rebirth....?