HCDR CD problems...

Fleshless

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Right, I'm wondering if I've got a dodgy CD, so someone tell me if this is the same with their copy.

First off, this is some import with 2 bonus tracks, Silent Scream and Don't Stop At The Top cover songs. So if your version is not the same, this might not apply to you.

First off, the enhanced bit doesn't work. I don't get any link to a streaming Needled 24/7 video. I'm not some computer-illiterate who just can't work it, there genuinely doesn't seem to be anything there. The CD LOOKS enhanced, you can see the normal pattern you get on enhanced CDs. But.. doens't work.

Second, there's a little drum solo at the end of You're Better Off Dead. It wasn't present on the single I've got, but it's stuck onto the end of the album track. And it ends pretty abruptly. It just doesn't sound right to me. Maybe it is, I don't know.

Otherwise, it's a great album. I just want to check that I don't have a crap CD.

What? These two cover songs? In which country did you buy it?

The drum solo at the end of YBOD can be seen as drum intro for the 8th track.

I bought it from a German guy, but it was shipped from Russia....

I thought the drum solo may be an intro, but it is definitely part of track 7 according to the clock on my stereo, which seems odd?

Yes, you can only listen to the drum intro for 'Lil Bloodred Ridin' Hood after listening to You're Better Off Dead. But then it sounds normal, without a gap or something. You don't notice that the 7th track ends and the 8th starts.

I never heard of your other problem, sorry. But I try to get my hands on this version. What record company does it say?

Nah, on my copy, there is a gap between the drum solo and the next track. I didn't think it sounded right...

As for record company, it says (c) Ranka Publishing | (r) Spinefarm records 2003 | SP1 165 SP | 0669112. A Universal Music company. That's it. I've got other Russian imports and stuff on Irond records, but this isn't like them.

Thanks! I probably won't hang about long, I'm not really keen on message boards. I just wanted to check this CD out. Seems like it's not quite right. I might need to see about getting it replaced....

Mine took a little over 3 weeks to get here. Better late than never. If you get it soon, let me know if you have the same problems I have!