Headbangers Ball 01-21-06 - was that Samoth?

ProjectedBlack said:
I don't listen to much Death Metal. I bet if you asked the guys in Lamb of God what genre they were they would say "Metalcore" and despite what anyone says that is not a Metal genre, it is a hardcore genre.

I also showed Cryptopsy to show their technicallity in their playing style. If you want more technical Metal check out Arsis. And to honestly give a reccomendation and to show the creativity Metal has to offer I'd say to check out the following bands:

-Peccatum (not so much Metal as Avant Garde but Black Metal elements certainly existance, look for tracks off the album "Lost in Reverie", also, make sure to sample at least three tracks as styles vary)
-Turisas
-Ulver (Check out the album Perdition City, not Metal at this point but some interesting electronic music made by a former big player in the Black Metal scene)
-Agalloch
-Finntroll
-Into Eternity
-Orphaned Land
-Persuader
-Arcturus
-My Dying Bride
-Blind Guardian

Just for starters, if you have problems finding these bands on whatever P2P program you use try to find them on MySpace or Google them and visit their official websites.

persuader is damn good, i downloaded their album. the others were allright but didnt jump out at me like persuader.

blakscorpion21 said:
persuader is damn good, i downloaded their album. the others were allright but didnt jump out at me like persuader.

Which album did you download? Both are good but I liked "Evolution Purgatory" the most out of the two they have out. They're releasing another album in the very near future (next month I'm thinking) so since you like the band make sure you buy it and support them as this band is extremely overlooked and relatively unknown.

ProjectedBlack said:
Which album did you download? Both are good but I liked "Evolution Purgatory" the most out of the two they have out. They're releasing another album in the very near future (next month I'm thinking) so since you like the band make sure you buy it and support them as this band is extremely overlooked and relatively unknown.

yea its evolution purgatory, the only one on napster. how old is this band? they got an older sound, reminds me of a mix between slayer and pantera.

blakscorpion21 said:
yea its evolution purgatory, the only one on napster. how old is this band? they got an older sound, reminds me of a mix between slayer and pantera.

That album is only a year or two old, though the band draws a bit from older Blind Guardian which dates back to the early 90's. The bands extreme progression from their first album "The Hunter" to "Evolution Purgatory" was a good move, I'm excited to hear their new album. Message me on AIM if you want their first album or any other stuff.