Hello Cleveland!

MetalSpice

A slave who forever rocks
I'll be in Cleveland this Saturday for the SHATTER MESSIAH show at The Breakfast Club in Lakewood.
Chicago's own SACRED DAWN will be opening.
So if any of you Clevelandite's are not doing anything, come on out to the show. It would be nice to meet some people from the board.
And if you haven't seen Sacred Dawn, here's your chance!

Mike and I will be going to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday.
Should be a fun weekend in Cleveland!

SHATTER MESSIAH
w/ Sacred Dawn
Saturday, April 24th
9pm

The Breakfast Club
11729 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107

Heh, I didn't realize what the hell The Breakfast Club was... apparently it's the new recently-renovated version of the Hi-Fi club. I live within 10 miles of there, and I don't have anything to do Saturday, so there's a good chance I will show up.

Mike and I will be going to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday.
Should be a fun weekend in Cleveland!

Don't waste your time or money.

The place is for the extremely casual music fan who would actually get excited that there is a display of drumsticks which were actually used in a "real" concert!

I haven't been there since the year it opened, so maybe it got better.

I was extremely disappointed the one time I was there.

Heh, I didn't realize what the hell The Breakfast Club was... apparently it's the new recently-renovated version of the Hi-Fi club. I live within 10 miles of there, and I don't have anything to do Saturday, so there's a good chance I will show up.

Awesome. It will be nice to finally meet you.

Yeah, that is what the place is called now I guess. I didn't know it was something else before.
I assume you haven't been to this place since the renovation, so it would be stupid to ask if it is a decent place, right? ;)

The place is for the extremely casual music fan who would actually get excited that there is a display of drumsticks which were actually used in a "real" concert!

I went in 2005 and had a blast. I was like a kid in a candy store.
That was the year they had The Who's 'Tommy' Exhibit with all the little things, like lyrics to one of the songs written on a restaurant napkin. I think little things like that are cool.
Yeah, it may be a little cheesy, but it is cool for what it is worth.
I think it is the third level that is like a shrine to Pink Floyd's The Wall? I don't remember, but I'm pretty excited about going back.
Mike has never been before and I think he'll get a kick out of all the old guitars.

I was there a few years ago, and it was a pretty cool museum of the history of modern rock music. I had a couple of minor "fanboy" outbreaks in reaction to a few of the exhibits (such as Chuck Berry's suit, and Jon Bon Jovi's grade-school report card). It's quite obviously aimed more at the "pop" end of the spectrum. I don't know how long ago you were there, but it's worth seeing once for any music fan.

I assume you haven't been to this place since the renovation, so it would be stupid to ask if it is a decent place, right? ;)

Well, assuming it didn't get any bigger :) , I have to say that it is a pretty small place -- pretty much just a neighborhood bar with a stage in the back. It was "okay" as the Hi-Fi... I was only there once, to see a local band, about five years ago.

Apparently, they host the occasional 80's hair metal band performance. Not the well-known ones, but the lesser draws, as I understand it.

Any idea when the show starts?

Yeah, it was possibly 10 years ago when I was there.
I am sure every year they get new things.
Maybe I will have to check it out next time I am there.
When I was there, I didn't see anything you couldn't see at your local Hard Rock Cafe, or even your own personal collection.

Yeah, I don't expect to see King Diamond's high school yearbook photos there or anything......... :)